“Good food and nice atmosphere.”

Wakyoto Japanese Steak & Sushi
Ranked #29 of 406 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Bar scene
Description: We are very fortunate to have had a long standing business in the Branson Missouri area. We were originally called Wasabi’s but changed that name a few years ago. You can still find info about both online but we are very happy to have had the same owner, Billy Whang as chief proprietor and head sushi chef. Most everyday you can find Billy doing what he loves at his sushi station at Wakyoto’s.Lunch and Dinner services are everyday (closed select Mondays throughout the winter months). But this restaurant serves both the tourism client and the local residents so business is always steady with lots of great fresh fish and lunch and dinner items.Wakyoto is a “Local” spot and many of the residents have their own chop sticks lining the walls of the interior. Don’t be discouraged by this as many tourist end up moving to the area and we’re always happy to welcome a NEW local.
Reviewed July 7, 2018

Food is good and service is very prompt. Enjoyed the miso soup and boxed lunch. Sample appetizer is good.

Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

The food is excellent, the service was exceptional, the portions were perfect. I love sushi, but my family does not. The menu was pleasing to all, and the kid's chicken teriyaki was more than enough to satisfy my eleven year old son. I only wish they were in my home town. We will make this a normal part of our Branson experience.

Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

Wakyoto is located on the Branson strip but is a nice departure from the strip vibe. It’s a quiet, family owned restaurant with quality food and a relaxing atmosphere. The family who own the restaurant are super friendly and the service was great. I got the sushi sampler and a couple rolls and it was all delicious. Prices are reasonable too. Great place to eat!

1  Thank tweeter_23
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

I had the shrimp and ribeye steak and we had an appetizer sampler. The shrimp was butterflied and was some of the best shrimp I've had. The steak was in chunks and was very good. The appetizer was all good too.

Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

Wakyoto has become our new favorite place to eat in Branson. We’re local so we get to try all the restaurants and this is a special place. The food is fresh and excellent variety. Hilda is the best!

Been to Wakyoto Japanese Steak & Sushi? Share your experiences!