“Not your typical lunch spot”

Wakyoto Japanese Steak & Sushi
Ranked #31 of 396 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Bar scene
Description: We are very fortunate to have had a long standing business in the Branson Missouri area. We were originally called Wasabi’s but changed that name a few years ago. You can still find info about both online but we are very happy to have had the same owner, Billy Whang as chief proprietor and head sushi chef. Most everyday you can find Billy doing what he loves at his sushi station at Wakyoto’s.Lunch and Dinner services are everyday (closed select Mondays throughout the winter months). But this restaurant serves both the tourism client and the local residents so business is always steady with lots of great fresh fish and lunch and dinner items.Wakyoto is a “Local” spot and many of the residents have their own chop sticks lining the walls of the interior. Don’t be discouraged by this as many tourist end up moving to the area and we’re always happy to welcome a NEW local.
Reviewed March 21, 2014

If you're looking for amazing food prepared with an artful touch, you must try this place. Dark, intimate dining space.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

who would have thought there would be excellent sushi to be had in branson? the flaming blue roll was creative, innovative and outstanding. we will look forward to sushi every trip to branson, however, I have a feeling this restaurant won't be around for long. it was so good my guess is they will move on to bigger and better locations. it was at least as good or better than any sushi I've had in chgo.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

We always enjoy a good sushi restaurant when traveling. This was very good. Fresh fish, nicely presented lunch platters. Friendly and prompt service. When visiting Branson in the future, we will return!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

The is one of the best Japanese restaurants I have eaten at. The food was much more authentic and the sushi was fantastic. Service was grade A. It wasn't a hibachi (cook in front you) style restaurant. I was okay with that because it allowed me to enjoy a nice quiet meal. Food was reasonably priced.

I highly recommend eating here instead of the other Japanese restaurants in Branson. I have eaten at the others and this one is the best especially if your going for sushi.

1  Thank MrKristof
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Definitely worth a stop. Sushi was so fresh and flavorful! We went in Christmas Day because it was about the only place open for lunch.