“Very Good...”

Wakyoto Japanese Steak & Sushi
Ranked #74 of 373 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are very fortunate to have had a long standing business in the Branson Missouri area. We were originally called Wasabi’s but changed that name a few years ago. You can still find info about both online but we are very happy to have had the same owner, Billy Whang as chief proprietor and head sushi chef. Most everyday you can find Billy doing what he loves at his sushi station at Wakyoto’s.Lunch and Dinner services are everyday (closed select Mondays throughout the winter months). But this restaurant serves both the tourism client and the local residents so business is always steady with lots of great fresh fish and lunch and dinner items.Wakyoto is a “Local” spot and many of the residents have their own chop sticks lining the walls of the interior. Don’t be discouraged by this as many tourist end up moving to the area and we’re always happy to welcome a NEW local.
California
“Very Good...”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We've been here a few times. The service is good and the food is good. The rolls tend to be on the smaller side, but are very good. Prices are average for sushi.

• Visited August 2011

Hollister, Missouri
“Best Sushi in Town!”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I am a Branson local and regular visitor to Wasabi. Lunch, dinner, date nights, family dinners-Wasabi is always our first choice. I spent many years in southern California where sushi restaurants are on every corner and fresh fish is easy to find. When I moved back to the area I was a little weary of sushi places-seeing as how I was atleast 1500 miles away from either coast...until Wasabi opened! It is the best place in town and makes me feel like I'm back in Hollywood. The service is fantastic. I've been there so much the waitress knows what I'm going to order before I do. I've never been disappointed and always leave happy and pleasantly stuffed :)

• Visited July 2011
Tulsa, OK
“Good Sushi; But Mediocre Cuisine Experience”
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We visited Wasabi Restaurant in Branson for my husband's birthday, whose favorite cuisine is sushi. Located on W 76 Country Blvd (the main strip), it can be found directly across from the old Walmart. The decor and restaurant space was simple, but comfortable. The wait staff was polite. We ordered miso soup, yakisoba (for my son), gyoza, and several different varieties of sushi. The miso soup was weak and watery. The yakisoba was no authentic and was more like a Chinese stir-fry. The house salad that came with the yakisoba was generic and bland. The gyoza (pot stickers) was crispy and flavorful and was its sauce. The sushi was fresh and a good quality. The sushi chef is Korean (as are many sushi chefs across the U.S.). Having lived six years in Japan, we are familiar with authentic Japanese food. Overall I would rate our dining experience as average.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank luvtjmb
Belton, MO
“Awesomeness!”
Reviewed June 26, 2011

One of the best sushi restaurants I have been to. The viking roll is amazing! The service is great as well. I absolutely recommend this place to anyone who visits the Branson area.

• Visited May 2011
Kansas City
“As good as any sushi anywhere! (better than most)”
Reviewed March 5, 2011

Jalapeno bombs are incredible! The fire viking roll is a must try and my now second to the fire viking is the WaKyoto roll. Don't pass up the pimp my roll either!

The sushi at WaKyoto (formerly known as Wasabi) is as good as sushi gets. Who'd expect this quality of sushi in Branson?

The service is down home friendly and the sushi chefs are top notch. The prices are a bit higher than in Kansas City but the quality makes it worth it. When I say a bit I mean $.50 to $1.00 per roll and the quality is much greater!

• Visited March 2011