“A beautiful and challenging course”

Payne Stewart Golf Club
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Course offers 6 different distances to play from. The course winds through a majestic hardwood forest with several dramatic elevation changes, a crystal clear Ozark stream and immaculate fairways guaranteed to deliver a positive and memorable experience. Golf Week Magazine has ranked the course as the #1 "Best Course you Can Play" in the State of Missouri for the past five years.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Mountain View, Arkansas
452 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 529 helpful votes
“A beautiful and challenging course”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This was one of the courses that our foursome played on our golf trip to Branson this past August. We were fortunate with the weather in that a front moved through from the north and the weather was very pleasant for mid August. Our group has taken three trips to Alabama to play the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail and for the past three years we went to Hot Springs Village to play some of the courses there. This year we decided to try Branson. We played at Branson Creek and Payne Stewart.

The Payne Stewart course is very hilly with a lot of elevation changes. There are many holes that have great views. It is a very challenging course. The first time you play the course there are several holes that I had problems judging the distance to hazards or knowing whether a creek ran across the landing area. The second time playing the course would enable me to have a better knowledge of the course layout. With that course knowledge I would enjoy playing the course more the second and subsequent times.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Razorfish

Overland Park, Kansas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Fabulous Golf!!!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

A fabulous golf course with phenomenal views! Most holes have incredible views of and each hole has a dialogue at the tee in remembrance of one of the great GENTLEMEN golfers of all time - Payne Stewart! The clubhouse is a mini museum of at least 5 of Payne's Ryder Cup Bags, shoes and personal photos of his wife and family! I am certain that he had a hand in creating this course from a inspirational standpoint!!

Visited October 2013
Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“My favorite course”
Reviewed October 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I make an annual trip to the Branson area every October for a long weekend of golfing with a large group of friends. I never feel the trip was complete unless I have golfed this course. It is my favorite course in the area with excellent service, a beautiful course that is PGA tour quality, and with a nice bar and restaurant.

Visited October 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Beautiful Golf Course!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I have played a lot of courses all over the country, but this has to be one of my favorites. Beautiful scenery on every hole. Tough but fair with 4 sets of tees. Don't miss this one if you are playing golf in Branson !

Visited September 2013
kansas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Another great Troon course.”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The course is a little tough but very enjoyable. The views are great and each tee offers a little info on Payne Stewart. I found that very interesting. The staff in the Pro Shop were very friendly and helpful. We have played here twice and look forward to the next time.

Visited September 2013