“great singers”

Showboat Branson Belle
Ranked #55 of 155 Concerts & Shows in Branson
More attraction details
Owner description: Cruise on lovely Table Rock Lake on a four-deck showboat while enjoying panoramic views and breakfast, lunch or dinner accompanied by live entertainment ranging from comedy to music to acrobatics.
Reviewed April 14, 2013

the first part of the show was boring while you ate. The host was boring but after you ate was great. When you ate you sat so close to the next person you couldn't bring your arm up to drink or eat the right way.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,274)
All reviews
in 42 reviews
"top notch"
in 107 reviews

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We enjoyed everything about the cruise. The food was good and the entertainment was VERY entertaining! Enjoyed the emcee/comedian very much.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

My experience on the showboat was amazing. The service was fantastic and the food was great. The show was outstanding I loved it and so did my family. We had a wonderful time.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Though we've been to Branson every year since moving to the midwest, last week's spring break trip was our first time on the Branson Belle. We took the 4pm cruise, so didn't get any decent discount with our SDC season pass ($5 off instead of half price), but unfortunately they were only offering 4pm cruises during that particular week and my parents were on their one and only ever trip to Branson and wanted to partake. So, at rather great cost, off we went.

First, I would NEVER again do the Branson Belle without upgrading to the higher level (higher priced) tickets. The main floor is a cattle call. I am 5' 4" and about 115 lbs. Not a big person. But I was absolutely jammed into the people on either side of me and found it impossible to enjoy my meal comfortably. To aggravate matters, the woman on my right (I was seated at the end of our party) was incredibly rude and intrusive, kept asking me to pass her things, kept nosing in on my food (I'm a vegetarian, so had a different plate), kept trying to take things that she thought were communal, etc. To her credit, there really wasn't enough space on the table to have any idea of what was whose and what was going on! They were part of a huge bus tour group which arrived late and completely disrupted the meal service. The seating was so cramped that we all had to get up and leave the row in order for them to get to their seats. All in all, not a great dinner experience. Oh, and the food was cold. Stone cold and incredibly bland. I think (hope) that the people who paid more to sit up away from the main floor were probably more comfortable -- and possibly had better/warmer food. My son was disappointed that the only two choices of drink were tea or lemonade. We ended up paying an extra $9 for his souvenir mug of hot chocolate.

I did like the fact that after dinner, they gave you a nice big chunk of time to walk around the decks and enjoy the lake views. My son got to go up into the wheelhouse and talk to the captain. It was relaxing and beautiful on deck. They gave you warnings about how much longer until the main show would begin and finally a big 5 minute warning to return to your seats. I am now going to admit that I missed the first 10-15 minutes of the main show because I really really really did not want to go back down and sit in that cramped environment again. However, I heard the music coming out through the doors and felt kind of lonely on deck by myself, so eventually ventured back in.

The show is back in the main seating area and they close all of the curtains so that you're in a theater setting (no more lake views) once the boat has docked. The show was entirely lacking in pizazz. My son (aged 9) was bored to tears. Nothing much for kids. There is a magician/comedian who is good and the only part of the show that really stood out for the younger set. The rest of the show is definitely geared to retirees. The classical violinist/pianist kept playing Gershwin (snooze) and there was a quartet who were so badly mic'ed that I could never understand a word of their songs. They weren't great, just so-so, and certainly not worth paying money to see. And the violinist climbing silks while occasionally playing -- not really of any interest to most people under the age of 70 I'd assume. I know lots of people who do silks for fun and exercise, so its not really something that I'd pay to watch.

I guess that you have to approach the Showboat as a package deal. It isn't cheap, the meal was pretty awful, the entertainment was so-so, the cruise was fun, the souvenir family picture was neat, and it filled an afternoon/evening. I wouldn't do it again and if I'd known better, I would have paid for the higher level seats. The main floor is for package tours. If you're paying your own good money for this, don't join the cattle call!

3  Thank NicolaSpringfield_IL