“Coconut Cream is Excellent”
Review of Hurts Donut

Hurts Donut
Ranked #2 of 5 Bakeries in Branson
Reviewed February 14, 2018

After hiking a few miles in the Lakeside Forest on 2/13/18 we were leaving the parking area when we saw this donut shop directly across the road, which also had an ambulance vehicle parked in front called the Emergency Donut Vehicle. Who can resist?

We ordered the huge apple fritter ($3.50), 2 strawberry cheesecakes, 1 salted caramel cheesecake, 1 old fashioned, 1 regular coconut covered and 1 coconut cream.

The donuts were all great. We had hoped there was more cheesecake in those three since we love cheesecake, but they were still good and well-frosted at least.

The old fashioned was very good. It was very moist, but not too sugary.

The huge fritter was pretty good by Arizona standards, but not so much by SoCal standards. Definitely worth it though.

Coconut creams are not my favorite donut, but I really like them when done right. They definitely did this one right. It was full of cream with tasty coconut and soft, slightly chewy dough.

Definitely recommend trying them.

Reviewed February 7, 2018

Our family of six each tried a different donut when we visited. We each tried each flavor, all were pretty good, but not spectacular. They have unique shapes and flavors that are fun to try, but I wouldn't make this place a regular stop. Try once, and that's good for me.

Reviewed January 27, 2018

If you've never tried Hurts Donut, you must do so, at least once. They have a variety of donuts, from small to hugh ones. Great with your favorite coffee.

Reviewed January 24, 2018 via mobile

On a weekend trip with my son and was looking for a donut place other than the normal chain stores. It took a while to figure out where theyvwere because they had just opened about a month prior and didn't show up on Google or yelp or anywhere. We must have got there at just the right time, only 2 people ahead of us, but by the time we ordered the line was almost to the door. We got a dozen pick your own so we could take some with us, and my son was so excited and had fun picking out all the flavors. They had some traditional donuts, but mostly fun, specialty donuts. They all looked so good, and tasted very good as well. Just expect sweetness overload, one donut was about all I could take in a sitting (they were a little bigger than your average donut). My son chose the seats... along the window, cute "swings" attached attatched from the ceiling to the floor (the were attached with chains so swinging was a little noisy). The workers were friendly and patient while my son was choosing the donuts. The place looked clean. I've been to specialty donut ships before and the prices were about right. Will definitely be going there again next time we take a weekend trip to Branson.
(Mind the pajamas he is wearing, we were going to a lunchtime pajama cruise later that day)

Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

A very unique selection of doughnuts. They are somewhat lager than a normal donut and they're cover with tons of toppings. A little pricey but great flavors. Atmosphere is fun! Make sure you visit the swing. If you've never visited one it's worth a drop in. Coffee choices & drink options need to be re-evaluated. Glad they opened up in Branson, MO!

Been to Hurts Donut? Share your experiences!