Acrobats of China featuring the New Shanghai Circus
Ranked #19 of 154 Concerts & Shows in Branson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Acrobats of China at Yakov's Theatre are one of the top things to do for fun in Branson! Entertaining Branson audiences since 1998 the Acrobats of China showcase one of the best and most elite Chinese Acrobats troupes in Branson in an all-new show every year. This celebrated Acrobatic Troupe is from the province of Jinan and is known for their colorful costuming and cutting-edge creation of new acts. For over 19 years the Incredible! Acrobats of China featuring New Shanghai Circus have brought awesome acrobats to Branson. Visitors use words like "wow," "amazing," and more to describe the New Shanghai Circus at Yakov's Theatre. During the show you'll see acts like Hat Jugglers, Human Hoops, Flag Man on a Pole, Aerial Ballet, Chair Stack, Human Strength & Beauty, Bicycle, and many more. This is a Branson Show that is Fun for Everyone! Also see the show before the show with a traditional Chinese Tea Ceremony conducted in the lobby before every show.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Very athletic ”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed the performance. It was lively & the acrobats displayed tremendous athleticism & skill. We have 2 girls age 8 and 11 they really enjoyed themselves.Worth it!

1 Thank Mygage26

Dallas, Texas
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Talented performers but not Cirque de Soleil”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The performers were very talented, but this is in NO way even remotely similar to Cirque de Soleil. This is a circus, so you can expect some performances to be a little "different". For instance, one act has a girl putting her body through a narrow barrel. A different act involves performers hula hooping with several hula hoops. There were lots of tumbling and balancing acts. The most entertaining to me was the guy who balanced on a board while throwing bowls up into the air and catching it on his head. It sounds silly, but it was pretty amazing! Now....the costumes and props are really in need of some updates. What could have been beautiful artistry with the satin ribbon act was instead a huge eyesore due to the long string hanging off the bottom of the ribbon. That was all my eye could focus on. There was also an act of a girl who could juggle with her feet. Again, while the act was pretty amazing, I couldn't help but think about the paint job the props needed. While in Branson, our family saw 5 shows and this was the most expensive, but yet the most in need of "refurbishing." Having said all this, I will say that my 8 and 6 year old children were pretty amazed. And they didn't notice the rundown props at all. My mother also found all the acts to be pretty amazing. We even talked to some people staying at our hotel who thought the show was amazing.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank miamivice2011
Branson, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

The show kept my small children interested for 2 hours. Great job by the acrobats! They were all gracious to pose for photos afterward.

2 Thank Regggg
Cypress, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Was skeptical because time of year, show was superb!”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I say skeptical, because we came on a big off season where most places were closed. I was worried we may be the only audience. But it was actually a decent turnout.

At $70 for two adult tickets, I was little worried we were going to be taken for with the price.

The venue was decent, clean, big, definitely had some age with the projector screens and decor. Overall had its own little charm.

The show itself as awesome. I was half thinking I was going to fall asleep, and this be more for my daughter and wife, but I was very impressed and was glued to it throughout the entire thing. The acrobats were superb, some things they did I could not see possible for the life of me.

Overall this was a great show, will definitely come see this again if we come back with family next time. Worth a view if you're in town!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank chrmoody
Austin, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Nice show!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went to this show on a friday evening after Christmas. We were able to get tickets easily so we were a little skeptical about the show but when we entered the hall it was pretty crowded. It's a 2 hour show with a break in between. I have been to circuses before but this was really a different experience. It was presented really well and some acts were brilliant and you sure won't get bored .The music, the lighting and the acts all come together well and the performances were commendable. I always felt such performances were meant only for
the kids but this I am sure everyone would enjoy!