“Friendly and helpful staff, great location best in Branson so far”

Stone Castle Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #46 of 139 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I booked a single queen room by accident thinking I booked a single king. The queen room was too small for my taste. Hope at the front desk got me an upgrade to the Tahiti room and let me say this has been the best room out of my twenty years coming to Branson two thumbs up

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank Mrtonybrown
There are newer reviews for Stone Castle Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I stayed on the third floor of the third building ("Lancelot"). My view was a trailer and a storage unit. But who cares? The room was clean but the decor was awfully dark and gloomy. It made the room seem small (which is was really....not much space; but for one person it was fine). The largest towels were also very small (and I am under 5' 3' and under 120lb...anyone much bigger and you would have a hard time covering much up).

The location was great; right next to the main road, gas stations, food, even mini-golf. Unfortunately, my room was right off the elevator. Avoid that at all cost. Each morning at 6:30am I would be awoken by thundering foot steps. I could hear every conversation. Forget going back to sleep. Perhaps it was just the rooms location. Other guests tended to be noisy, though probably not intentionally.

Breakfast was standard and perfectly fine (eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy). Though the other guests were hacking and coughing the entire time, which put me out of an eating mood.

Golden stars to the staff, however .... I left my digital camera in the room. I called a few days later and they had it mailed back to me.

Room Tip: Avoid the elevators but aim for the third floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

The location of the hotel was great amd any staff we dealt with were really nice. The room was a little small but it worked for the time we spent there. The swimming pool in building two was very cold and was out of towels both times we went to swim.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 30, 2014

When we got to our room it looked nothing like it the pictures on the internet. It was spacious but very cheaply decorated and tacky. There was dust on some of the decorations that looked like it hasn't been touched in ages. They advertised a pillow-top mattress. We certainly didn't feel it. In the bathroom the toilet was so close to the wall your elbow was smashing the toilet paper. On top of all that there we kids running up and down the hall all night long. Needless to say for $155.00 we will certainly find someplace better to spend our money next time. Very disappointed!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Duallyman
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We have stayed here a few times and the experience has always been good.

This year they have put new bedding in and it made a big difference. We love the housekeeping staff and Judy is just a sweet heart.

This year the breakfast room did not look like a mess hall, all the tables were facing the windows and the view is amazing. They have started putting white table cloths in and it looks so much better than the god awful orange. The new guy running the breakfast has really done a good job, new sausage this year that tastes like sausage and the links are bigger! More cereal to choose from and they are baking muffins fresh every morning they were great,

On saturday we went in for breakfast and all the tables were turned and many were missing, so we asked about it and all he would say is the owner made the decision to go back to the way it was, well this is dumb dumb dumd did i say dumb!!!!! There was not nearly enough seating and he was asking people to move if they were done eating so he could get everyone fed, for all the people they had there was him and one other guy, they kept all the food coming out and did a great job, This breakfast is what we look forward to every time we stay here.

We will stay again we just hope there is more seating next time, and I cant wait to see if there are new items on the breakfast bar

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Vera G
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We checked in the woman at the desk was so rude! Came to the room fridge is from the 1900's, went swimming in building 2 couldn't see your feet it was so cloudy n nasty took a shower which had no pressure took me 20min to wash out shampoo of short hair! Not a good way to start a vacation:(

Stayed: March 2014
Jay W, General Manager at Stone Castle Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2015

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we so appreciate being your Branson hotel of your choice! That is AWSOME! We’re so pleased you enjoyed yourself.

You mentioned poor reviews and every hotel is bound to get a few, but I’m proud to say with the ownership investing hundreds of thousands of dollars into the Stone Castle Hotel over the last two years and with our staff we have seen an excellent spike in favorable reviews. And, in fact since 2014 we have received over 240 tripadvisor reviews and 9 out of 10 guests gave the hotel a favorable review (thank you for yours). Not perfect, but we’re on our way to our goal. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to serve you.

Safe travels and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Jay Wilson

Reviewed March 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed one night at Stone Castle and we went through the Branson Ticket Office to get our room and tickets to Jonah at the Sight and Sound Theater. The room was big! The bed was very comfortable - pillow top mattress or extra foam. The jacuzzi was really nice, but the bathroom, was super small. The toilet was right next to the shower so it was a tight squeeze when you had to go. The breakfast was very nice even though I felt like we were herded into a line to eat across the Draw Bridge - lots of people housed at one time to eat breakfast. We had the Miss Kitty Saloon decorated room executive suite. The price was not bad! We enjoyed our time there. Ice machine was broken on our floor, so that was a hassle.

Room Tip: Get the Fiesta or Miss Kitty room for the jacuzzi and space. Elevators are very useful since the ho...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple