“Good steak in Branson”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I was in the area on business, and wanting a steak lunch before flying out of town. I live in Houston TX so I have seen this chain but never tried it. I was pleasantly surprised. Very good steak for a chain that is not high end. I will visit their other locations in Houston.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Great location on Landing. Patio is primo spot for seeing the water fountain show! Reasonably priced for appetizers & meal. Have been here more than once & will return again.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

We have always been big fans of this restaurant until the last two times. The menu has been changed and we have 9 of us and everything we really liked has been taken off - now it's more expensive. The service was horrible the last two times we went - this last time, after sitting for 20 minutes waiting on our appetizers I had to get up and ask for the manager. Then we finally got the appetizer, along with our salads and OUR FOOD all at the same time. They manager did give us a 10% discount - Seriously? A discount would have been fine but don't charge us for appetizers that we didn't even get until we got our food.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We arrived very early for dinner. It was a nice evening so we asked to be seated outside. It was nice sitting outside but we didn't know that the fountain did an hourly show and if the wind is blowing in the wrong direction all the water comes right your way and gets you all wet. Plus our bread that was sitting on the table got wet. A sign warning the guest would be nice. Our waiter must have had a few too many tables or he just didn't care about our table. He was very slow at getting drinks and checking on us. The food was good was just ok I had a sirloin steak sandwich with fries. My fires were cold and limb. I asked for salt because it wasn't on the table and it took a couple of minutes to get that to help the taste of the fries. The other couple we were with had ordered the spinach dip with chips and the dip was barely the size of 1/2 cup. And to top the whole night off he got the checks for us mixed up. I will give them another try next time I am in Branson but will sit somewhere else.

Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

This is a tough review to write. We started off with our usual...Martinis.
Completely disappointed. Way too much vermouth. Almost un-drinkable.

Next, we ordered a wedge salad and French onion soup. The salad was ok, nothing special. The French onion soup was very salty and very small portion.

The restaurant wasn't that busy however our plates were not cleared until we requested when our main course was served. We were seated in a booth near the bar and watched as half the bar was filled with dirty glasses from all the tables. Honestly, it was pretty gross seeing dirty glasses lined up and more being added to fill up the whole side of the bar that we were forced to look at. The servers and bar tender just keep piling up the dirty glasses.

I ordered the NY steak. Unfortunately they had supposedly just ran out. We ended up ordering bone in rib eyes. I must say the rib eyes were spectacular. Definitely the only highlight of the night. The side veggies were just ok.

We have eaten here in the past and have always thought the food and service was just ok. We haven't been in a few years so we thought we'd give it another shot. Not sure if we will be back.

There are several TVs in the bar however every TV is on the same channel. Not sure what the point of so many TVs is when they are all on the same boring game.

2  Thank JAE2512

Been to Texas Land and Cattle Steakhouse? Share your experiences!