“Great Value, will go again!”

Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark
Ranked #129 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Great Value, will go again!”
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Really had to think about booking this property because of some of the reviews, but with the cost, the indoor waterpark, the other reviews and going the the property website and seeing the pictures I went ahead and booked this property. We stayed in the Atruim Rooms because of the cost difference and was very pleased with the property. Simple, but clean. It had a microwave and refrig in the room. Waterpark was a short walk across the parking lot and the waterpark was very well staffed. My 14 year old loved the waterpark. Staff was helpful and quick to help and property well kept. Went in Sept and was nice, not crowded at the hotel or in Branson. Can't wait to go back next year.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Harrison, Arkansas
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I wasn't sure I was reading about the same Castle Rock Resort & Water Park that we took our 3 grandchildren to! Our grand-daughter age 15, two grand-sons age 11 & 3 and enjoyed every moment!
Don't let the nay-sayers scare you off.
We stayed on the 2nd floor, Tower room; Yes, the beds were hard, but sleepable and extremely clean. The boys loved the fact that they had "their own room and TV"! Anything extra that we asked the staff for it seemed they went above and beyond for us, extra towels, cups, blankets (yes we got cold, we must have had an awesome AC); even gave the kids tokens for the game room!!
We had our evening meal at the "Grill" and YES that is what it is and what it is advertised as, a "Grill", so no we were not expecting a 4 course meal. We even took "to go" boxes back to the room with us. And trust me the 11 year old can EAT!!! And you really should try their pizza, it is wonderful!!
Yes the parking is bad, but it is Branson after all, and Branson was built on HILLS!
As for the Water Park, it was amazing! Our 11 year old has a degree of Autism, when his sister informed the life guards of that, they ALL kept a closer eye on him and that means the world to a Nana, trust me!! We even at times left the 2 older ones in the park for about an hour or so and felt totally comfortable about it. I can never tell you how much those 3 days will forever leave a great memory in the minds of our whole family. It was the 3 year olds first "road trip" with Nana & Papa and now he calls Castle Rock our "water home"; we will return and with smiles on our faces!

missouri
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Nothing to complain about as far as the rooms were concerned. Never got any ice from the ice machine. I think there aren't enough ice machines for the number of guests. But other than that, it was a great time for our family.

The water park was the highlight for us. Our kids are 4 & 7 yrs. old and both had a blast. We were traveling with friends, their children 3 & 13 yrs. old also enjoyed themselves. As far a the water temp. it was very comfortable during our stay. I hate cold water and won't swim if it is cold and that wasn't a issue.

Marshall, Texas
Reviewed August 7, 2010

Before going to Branson for our family vacation, I too read alot of negative comments about this resort and was skeptical about staying there and we even booked another resort as a backup plan. But after careful review we decided to chance it & boy are we glad we DID!!!

The beds are not very comfortable I will agree, but our 2 sons ages 8 & 11 loved the idea of their own bunkbed suite with TV!!!! The waterpark is GREAT! The only thing is the chlorine, really need some fans to blow the chlorine out, after about hour your eyes will really start to burn...my husband & I both loved the fact that we could get in the lazy river with our boys and even go down the slides!!!! They loved mom & dad doing that...we never ate breakfast at hotel so the continental breakfast really didnt bother us not having it....will we go again DEFINITELY!!! We came home and just today we are planning to go back around Christmas time!!!

Loved the hotel, Baldknobbers show, and the magic show!!! Thanks Branson for a great family vacation and lots of memories!!!!

Arkansas
Reviewed August 6, 2010

My family went to the hotel/ water park resort for my 6 year olds birthday week-end. The place was pretty pricey per night but it's advertisments were very compelling with it's GUARANTEED 84 DEGREE WATER YEAR AROUND. Upon arrival parking is tedious at best, I do not recommend this point of intrest for the elderly or anyone with a heart condtion, very hilly. The resort had a feeling of being very new or being very close to financial difficulties. They charged for everything that other reorts do not, for example: Refridgerator= $10 daily. There is no ice machines on the floors and no continental breakfast.
The resort and rooms although, were very nice and spacious and the beds slept well.

The water park itself was very nice and appealing upon first appearance: however; that impression quickly rapidly disappeared when my foot touched the water. The warmest any of the pools were during the weekend we spent there were approximately 78 degrees, and that was the smallest kiddie pool on our last afternoon of our 3 day stay. Previous trips to the pool areas resulted in immediate returns to our room. The water was to cold for even the kids to tolerate, their lips turned blue. The resort personel were uninformative, complacent, aloof, ineffective at best. If the situation was not covered by a set policy they refused or did not know how to respond.

Because of the resorts violation of their advertised guarantee of 84 degree water year around and that being the primary reason families would go there in the first place with small children, I would place an intrinsic value of our stay at only half of what we paid... which was $125.00 nightly.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank dlaw9737

Travelers are raving about these Branson hotels

Clinton, Illinois
Reviewed August 2, 2010

We recently got back from Castle Rock Resort. Like another traveler on this review board, we stayed at the adjacent hotel atrium, not in the main tower building. We did have to wait until 4 p.m. to check in, which we didn't like, but that wasn't the hotel's fault that we arrived at 10:30 a.m. to Barnson. They did give us our waterpark passes at that time and suggested that we play in the park for awhile. I thought that was very nice. When we did get to our room, which was on the backside of the adjacent building away from the main building, I was pleasantly surprised. It was a very clean room and the air conditioner was very cold, which was great because it was about 100 degrees! We did not, however, have a micro/fridge in our room, which was disappointing. I called the front desk and for $10/day they brought one right to our room within15-20 minutes. I was impressed by that because there was no elevator so the poor maintenance had to carry it up those stairs!

The waterpark itself was GREAT for younger children. Our child is only 2.5 years old and he had a BLAST at the waterpark. I do agree that if you have older children, they will get bored because there are only 2 slides and then the lazy river, but I did see a lot of older kids having a good time.

The only complaint I would have is that the housekeeping staff did not clean our room one day. I am not sure why other than we were not out of the room when they came by, but we told them we were leaving, but they never came back to clean...they did, however, leave clean towels. I was also impressed with the fact that the owner came by twice to ask us how we liked our stay while we were at the pool...very nice.

I would suggest to Castle Rock that a continental breakfast should be offered at no additional charge. I missed that at this hotel and to be more competitive, I think it would be a great thing for them to offer!

Overall, I was a little leary after reading all of the negative comments, but after experiencing Castle Rock myself...I feel that we would definitely stay there again and probably will considering I just called another resort that has an indoor park and they were so rude to me on the phone that I will never stay there!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank DnzForce04
Jenks, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 25, 2010

My kids and I spent a long weekend at Castle Rock Resort this past weekend. When I called for reservations, the first call told me there was nothing available even though as I sat online it showed rooms available. I decided to call and ask again. This time, I was told that there were rooms available overlooking the waterpark with a king bed and bunk beds. Since I had promised the kids we could stay there, I jumped on it. The room at first glance was nice. But the king bed was extraordinarily hard and the bunk beds just felt like an egg carton pad on a piece of plywood. My son slept there the first night. Started out on top and ended up on the bottom bunk. The next night, he chose the chair in the room. Top off the uncomfortable beds with no a/c. To even get the fan blowing on it, I had to lay down in the floor and stick my finger in a hole in order to get it turned on. Lucky I didn't electrocute myself. Housekeeping only straightened up the bed, not the bunks and did not replenish any of the supplies. If you forgot something, they sold it in their gift shop for ridiculous amounts ($3 for a sample size toothpaste). There was not a breakfast or anything else complimentary as there are in many other hotels in the Branson area. Parking was a nightmare. The lot was small and over flow was in a dark area around to the side. The water park was fairly enjoyable for the kids. They ran up and down going to the slides, but the open slide (you go down without a tube) was dangerous. I went down once and hurt my shoulder. My daughter (15 years old) went down it and bruised her ankle badly. She said that you had no control of yourself whatsoever and she just went flying up over the edges of the slide. The lazy river was fun, but would have been much better had there not been small kids running around without tubes. It was fast moving and hard to stop. You literally had to brace your feet on the bottom to avoid hitting little kids without a tube. This was about it other than some kiddie pools and a joke of a dumping bucket (similar to the ones at the Great Wolf Lodges, but it only filled with about a foot of water and dumped). It was way overpriced and definitely not worth the money. I was strongly disappointed!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family