My family went to the hotel/ water park resort for my 6 year olds birthday week-end. The place was pretty pricey per night but it's advertisments were very compelling with it's GUARANTEED 84 DEGREE WATER YEAR AROUND. Upon arrival parking is tedious at best, I do not recommend this point of intrest for the elderly or anyone with a heart condtion, very hilly. The resort had a feeling of being very new or being very close to financial difficulties. They charged for everything that other reorts do not, for example: Refridgerator= $10 daily. There is no ice machines on the floors and no continental breakfast.
The resort and rooms although, were very nice and spacious and the beds slept well.
The water park itself was very nice and appealing upon first appearance: however; that impression quickly rapidly disappeared when my foot touched the water. The warmest any of the pools were during the weekend we spent there were approximately 78 degrees, and that was the smallest kiddie pool on our last afternoon of our 3 day stay. Previous trips to the pool areas resulted in immediate returns to our room. The water was to cold for even the kids to tolerate, their lips turned blue. The resort personel were uninformative, complacent, aloof, ineffective at best. If the situation was not covered by a set policy they refused or did not know how to respond.
Because of the resorts violation of their advertised guarantee of 84 degree water year around and that being the primary reason families would go there in the first place with small children, I would place an intrinsic value of our stay at only half of what we paid... which was $125.00 nightly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark provides guests with an unforgettable all-in-one resort destination with friendly service and activities. We offer 30,000 sq ft. Of indoor waterpark and 10,000 sq ft. Of outdoor Waterpark including two large slides, two 500 gallon tipping buckets, a lazy river, and multiple indoor/outdoor activity pools. Our Tower Rooms are attached to our indoor waterpark through indoor corridors and offer a bunk bed alcove with separate TV for the kids. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark Hotel Branson
- Castle Rock Resort And Waterpark
- Castle Rock Branson