All reviews tower room lifeguard staff bunk beds for the kids great wolf lodge enjoyed the water park typical hotel gift shop
Selected filters
Reviewed March 22, 2019 via mobile

I’ve been visiting for 3 years and have seen the quality get progressively worse. Our most recent visit was absolutely terrible. The water park had multiple features closed all at once (lazy river, kiddie pool, big pool, and yellow slide). The basketball area was the only place to be for teens/adults. However, the lifeguard would not allow the basketball to be played with because she said she was tired of retrieving it when it went into the big pool that had shut down. So even that area wasn’t fully functional, even thought it could’ve been. When the lazy river finally opened, they shut down the yellow slide in order to staff the lazy river. Towels were also out for an hour. It was a disaster, and there was no effort on the staff to make the customers feel better about the experience.

I emailed and was informed that there were multiple incidents (bodily fluids) that caused the outages. The email itself came across as defensive. On top of that, while at the water park, there seemed to be very little concern given to the customers. No explanation. No apologies to everyone who paid but only was enjoying a fraction of what they paid for.

Until the ownership of Castle Rock becomes customer centric, I would not spend my money there. Save yourself the disappointment and find another hotel/water attraction.

2  Thank RandomUserName2
Reviewed March 20, 2019 via mobile

This by far was one of the WORST hotels I have EVER visited. When I arrived to check in. I was informed that the room that I book/requested was not available although I had paid online when I booked. The room was disgusting and reeked of mildew/mold. The bed linen didn’t look/smell clean. The manager was very RUDE. I had family members that booked here as well and they found a dead cockroache in their room. We drove 8 hours to enjoy the indoor water park and our kids couldn’t even enjoy the water park because it had an overpowering smell of chlorine. There is no ventilation system in the indoor water park at all. We were told “just open the door” this was a safety concern because our children are asthmatic. So I would say this place is not worth the money. The cleanliness and sanitation of the hotel is overall horrible and nonexistent. If this was the last place to book and given for free I still wouldn’t recommend this place.

1  Thank Taj R
Reviewed March 15, 2019 via mobile

We visited their waterpark and our kids really enjoyed themselves. It's not too big but plenty of stuff for the little ones to do. They also have a restaurant with great food for a great price. The lady at the restaurant was super nice and helpful.

Reviewed March 13, 2019 via mobile

We enjoyed the water park and slides. Unfortunately the lazy river was closed, due to it not working properly. The only complaint we had was that the large, shallower, kids pool was freezing cold, as if the heater wasn’t working at all. The pool and smaller wading pool were warm.

1  Thank Angela H
Reviewed December 15, 2018 via mobile

Our room was dirty; there was an old sock and popcorn on the floor at the foot of one bed, our comforter had white stains on it, and there was a brown, chunk of something on the floor by the chair. I called the front desk to let them know our room was dirty, they never apologized, only informed me they could switch rooms, but could not refund my money. I opted to switch rooms; the second room smelled of stale cigarettes and the inside of an old refrigerator. I would not recommend staying at this hotel if you are staying in a room that is not in the main building.

Date of stay: December 2018
1  Thank Adventurer715137
CastleRockManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2019

On behalf of the team at Castle Rock, I want to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. We understand the importance of welcoming guests to a clean and comfortable room, and I am so sorry for the disappointment. We are taking your comments seriously as we work to improve our guest experience. We are proud of our facilities and service and hope you will give us another chance in the future to show you how great a Castle Rock experience can be.

Jen, Guest Services