“Would stay again for waterpark”

Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark
Ranked #128 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Missouri
“Would stay again for waterpark”
Reviewed May 11, 2010

We went to Branson for Mother's Day weekend. We had 3 rooms, one in the tower and two in the atrium. I will say that the atrium rooms were not as updated as our room in the tower seemed to be. When we arrived on Saturday afternoon, we checked in right away and had no issues. We were given wristbands for the water park. We put our bags in the room and were off to the waterpark. The kids were really excited since you could see it from the elevator lobby on the second floor (where our room was). The water park was good. We have stayed at several of these types of places in the last year and it was about average. My children (4 and 8) were able to use all of the slides and pools. I will say that the lifeguard at the bottom of the tube slide was slightly distracted which made me a bit nervous but I just made sure that I was there if my 4 year old needed assistance, which she didn't. We had to drag our kids out for dinner. I was disappointed that the waterpark closed at 5 on Sunday. We went to Silver Dollar City so we didn't get back until after then. So, we only got to use the waterpark once. One thing I have to say is that they did put the restrooms in a central location in case you need to hop out real quick. The room was decent. It looked remodeled (new carpeting, tile, lighting and fixtures). We had a fridge and a microwave. That was nice. The bunk bed did have extremely small mattresses on them. Kind of like an egg carton mattress covered with a sheet. But my kids were excited to have their "master bedroom" and did not complain. The bedspread on our bed had a stain on the underside of it so we didn't use it. I just put it on the floor and it was replaced with another the next day. They had extra blankets in the drawer which seemed new and were clean. The beds were horrible (hard and loud) like previous people said. There was a shortage of towels and the water was really hard but I do not expect perfection. They do not replenish the toiletries each day. We threw away the soap after using it for one day so we had to request another one. The shower head was low which was tough for anyone over 5 foot 10 inches. The iron and iron board were new. The breakfast buffet was cheap. However, the food was only mediocre. They did have several selections. Overall it was fine. I figured that it wasn't going to be 5 star since I only paid 130/night for the large tower room. I would recommend the extra money to stay in the tower for anyone thinking about the benefits between the two.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank m-mumma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Roland, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Our stay at Castle Rock was terrible, and that is being kind! We reserved three rooms, one in the Tower building, two in the adjoining (Atrium) building. Our reservations were made online, plus we called for additional information regarding the water park hours, etc. At no time did any one mention that the kiddie part of the water park was going to be CLOSED on the day of our arrival! We had three small children, under the age of 3, with us that were so excited to be going to the water park. When we checked in, Lynn explained that the kiddie portion of the water park was closed but would be open the next day (Saturday). I explained that we each paid about $130 for our rooms so that our children could enjoy the water park. She was rude, wouldn’t even look at me while speaking to me, and said that the kiddie pools would be open on Saturday. I explained that my youngest daughter and her family had to leave on Saturday she still did not offer a refund and kept her head down as if she was too busy to be bothered with us. I asked when the manager would be in and was told that he would be in on Saturday. Lynn stated that our kids could use the pool. I explained that our children were very little and were too small for the pool. And, that we specifically came to this hotel because of the kiddie pools. Once my youngest daughter and her family went to check out their room, they found that it had not been cleaned. The dirty linens were piled on the floor. We returned to the hotel lobby and they gave them another room. While going to their new room, they saw Lynn on her way (empty handed) to the first room they were sent to. They stopped to see what she was doing in there. After a couple of minutes, she came out (again, empty handed). They went and looked in the window, as she had left the curtains pulled back, and she had put the DIRTY linens back on the bed! YUCK! Our room was a king bed with Jacuzzi. We found rat droppings (Yes, rat turds) in our dresser and in the floor of the room. I would not recommend staying here for any reason!! Saturday morning I went back to the lobby to speak with the manager. Lynn stated that he was not going to be in until Monday. I asked if there was anyone else I could speak to. She went to the back and sent out Cathy who stated she was the “owner”. I explained everything to her and again, was told that there was nothing they could do about it. A few hours later, I received a phone call from Lynn who stated that she was going to give my daughter a 10% discount for their Friday night bill. Wow, $13 really made up for all of that. On Saturday morning we did spend a couple of hours at the water park and yes the kiddie pools were open. The water was freezing and the children could only stay in for a few minutes at a time. All of the doors were propped open because the lifeguards were hot and this made it even colder on the kids. While attempting to use one of the adult slides, I slipped and fell hurting my arm. The lifguard didn't even offer to help me up, or ask if I was OK. This was a nightmare and I'm so thankful it's over. We go to Branson at least once a month and have never had such a terrible experience. Please, do yourself a favor and DO NOT EVER STAY HERE. And, save your friends and family a lot of hassle and tell them about this horrible place.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank RobinCake

Travelers are raving about these Branson hotels

Reviewed April 11, 2010

We recently stayed at CastleRock for 2 nights with a large group of 20 family members age -1 to 70. Our checkin was handled quickly and courteously by the staff. Our rooms we're typical hotel rooms, very clean- not enough towells for our group- but we we're given all we needed.
The reason to stay at this hotel is obviously the water park- and it did not disappoint. There are two large slides, a lazy river (which our entire family loved, it is painted brown to make it look like a river) A kiddie pool area with a couple of waterfalls, 3 small slides, the bucket that spills down and a flower that rains down. There is also a regular swimming pool. The lifeguards are awesome here- mostly highschool looking kids- but obviously trained very well. They we're on top of their job and very professional. Our kids did get the "whistle" a couple of times for running, or hanging on something they weren't supposed to- but the lifeguards handled each situation very well.
The water was warm enough and there was enough to keep everyone busy. I saw them checking the chemical levels several times during our trip. None of our kids had red eyes or complained about their eyes hurting because of the chlorine.
One night we had pizza in the restaurant downstairs- the pizza was good and the staff was really good, very attentive and helpful.
I did give the sleep quality only 3 stars because the pillows aren't great, and the bed is hard and loud. Everytime you turn over you feel like you're gonna wake the rest of the room.
We found this to be a great place to stay with kids. If you are staying several nights but only plan to play in the waterpark one day- it would probably be better to stay in a cheaper hotel and just do the day passes. But we used the waterpark everyday. Also the attractions at Branson are almost all around 20 bucks (the ducks, butterfly palace, ripley's) so this was a fun way to play without spending even more money.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank TravelingKochs
Reviewed April 7, 2010

The ONLY good things about this stay were the indoor waterpark and the location of the hotel, which was close to many other attractions and restaurants in Branson. We stayed in March over Spring Break with our three boys. They love the water and were able to swim and play daily inside. Otherwise, the hotel itself seemed VERY cheap to us, especially since we booked a family "suite" and paid over $200 per night (for four nights.) For that price, we felt the beds/mattresses at least should be much nicer than they were. The children's bunk bed---the bottom bunk---was like literally laying on boards. TERRIBLE!! Our 4-year old could not sleep on it and we didn't force him to because it was so uncomfortable. And the regular beds were not much better. You know it is bad when the pull out sleeper is more comfortable than the beds in the room. We've been alot of places and this by far had the absolute worst beds ever. It would be different if it was cheaply priced, but it isn't. So, unless they upgrade their beds and make the rooms nicer, we won't be back.

1 Thank familyofboysMissouri
Little Rock, AR
Reviewed April 1, 2010

We went to Branson over Spring Break and I originally wanted to stay at this hotel because a friend went there last year. After reading the reviews, we decided to skip the hotel and just visit the Waterpark.

The entrance fee to the waterpark for the kids was $15 each. My mother and I did not swim and it was $5 each for us "land-lovers". This was $40 total - not bad compared to other expensive attractions in Branson.

My 13 year old and 7 year old had a good time in the park. They were happy for about 2-2 1/2 hours. I never heard them once complain about the temperature of the water. And it was quite warm and humid inside the park. My kids liked the big slide that you went down on tubes and liked the lazy river. Granted, they have been to big, outdoor waterparks that can't even compare to this. But for a trip so close to our home and with the weather still being cool outside, they realize that this is as good as it gets!

The park also included free towels - to be left behind of course. I would go back to this waterpark and would recommend it to a friend.

Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Northwest Arkansas
Reviewed March 28, 2010

We choose this hotel because we have a 6 yr old and a 2 yr old and knew they would love the indoor waterpark advertised on this hotels website. It was 50 degrees outside so we were glad to see that the indoor waterpark maintained 84 degrees year round and thought it would be a fun time for our family. We checked in and the room hadn't been updated since the 1980"s, I'm sure. Fixtures were hanging off the wall (door stop, clothes rack, etc.). We went to the waterpark to find that they were having a problem with their ventalation system so they had the doors and windows open - we only lasted for 30 minutes before our 2 yr old started turning purple because it was so cold in there! It was warmer outside than it was in there. When we complained about it we were just told, I am sorry - they did nothing to try and make our stay more enjoyable nor did they offer a discount or to refund our money. We had to find other things to do to occupy the kids and ended up spending about twice as much as we had anticipated becuase the waterpark was a flop!

ar
Reviewed March 27, 2010

Everything was beautiful until we stepped into the fridgid water at the indoor waterpark. I have two small children and the indoor waterpark was the ONLY reason we decided to stay here..At first glance we were thinking WOW this is going to be WONDERFUL.. so terrible wrong, it was just the opposite. The water and atmosphere was soo chilly that my 3 yr old's chin shivered soo hard that he begged to go back to the room for a hot bath. There is NOT A HOT TUB at all, On the upper level was the two cool slides and the really neat lazy river also EVERY WINDOW was opened and the air was blowing. When we asked why, we got a snappy answer from a cocky "lifegaurd" that is was ventilation control and they get hot. The attendants acted as if they were forced to do community service instead of a paying job. So later that night we decided to try the water park again because that was the reason we paid the pricey amount to stay there, when we arrived we found that not only were the windows still wide open on the upper level, but now they had the 4 sliding glass doors wide open on the lower level.. The only thing that came to my mind was that was just a way to keep people OUT of the waterpark.Make it as miserable as possible. This place was a huge disappointment, we asked for a partical refund and LEFT.. Never to return again.