“Indoors but cold!”

Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark
Ranked #124 of 140 Hotels in Branson
“Indoors but cold!”
Reviewed March 21, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for spring break thinking it would be great for our kids since it was still cold outside and they love to swim. To our dissapointment, though, the enclosed pool area is nowhere near as warm as advertised (in fact, we saw a couple windows open and it was snowing outside) and the pool water is even colder. Our kids could barely stand swimming an hour before their teeth started chattering. We've been to other indoor waterparks and have had a great time because they actually pay to heat the enclosure and water. Although having bunkbeds in the hotel rooms are a great idea, the mattresses were so hard that we couldn't sleep. I'd check out what the other indoor waterparks in Branson have to offer before booking here.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Tulsa, OK
Reviewed March 20, 2010

The kids wanted to spend hours in the water park. But it was so noisy and not comfortable for adults to stay in there for too long. Plus, there is no hot tub!! The beds were THE WORST HOTEL BEDS I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED.

kansas
Reviewed March 20, 2010

This place does not understand guest service. I can not believe they put this property together to compete in a very competitive Branson market without any thought from the guest perspective.

Water park water is frigid, and there is not a hot tub??? The dumping water bucket was broken or off along with lazy river buckets.

Breakfast buffet is a joke, filling cereal dispensers with always save cereals in the dining room, staff completely pissed at the lack of help, zero professionalism.

The maid service didnt even bother to make up the beds or clean the bathroom.

The marketing and the exterior look are beautiful, but the service inside is a miss.

Sorry to say, spend your money somewhere else.

se kansas
Reviewed March 18, 2010

was not what we expected, my 4yr old was to small for the slides, my 14yr old go bored of it quickly, grand country was so much better and cheaper... won't ever go back!

1 Thank sekansasgirl
oklahoma
Reviewed March 17, 2010

Hotel was somewhat clean, room was OK but could tell there had been lots of kids thru there with stains on carpet, walls and bedding. VERY cheap built hotel and could hear every noise. Family upstairs were playing romper room at 6:45am and woke us all up. Beds were the WORST I had ever slept on and the kids even complained about the bunk beds..... Water park was OK for entertaining the kids for a couple of hours before they were bored the chlorine was so potent the kids could only swim a few hours at a time before feeling ill. Not a place I will be going back to......

Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Kansas City
Reviewed February 16, 2010

My wife and son and I stayed here in January, along with my brother & sister-in-law and my niece. Some of our family lives in Branson, and they met the rest of us at the waterpark. My father-in-law set things up and I really wasn't expecting too much, but we wound up with a comfortable room in the "tower" (not sure that I would recommend staying across the parking lot in the non-tower rooms from what I could see.)

Really, no complaints. Our room had a little alcove with a bunkbed and its own TV, which my son loved. The waterpark was much better than I had expected and we all had a blast. Outdoor pools were closed, but the indoor waterpark features a couple kiddie pools with animal slides (which my son loved), a mini-dump bucket, a really nice lazy river and a couple of water slides. Plenty to hold our attention for a couple of hours.

I probably wouldn't make this a destination resort, but it was a fun, convenient place to meet up with family.

The only thing missing: A hot tub. (Even a lukewarm pool would suffice!)

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed February 15, 2010

This is definitely a mixed review...i would have expected with there being another indoor water park connected to a hotel in Branson (Splash Country) that this "new" one would be more competitive...i did not find that the case! and it seemed they "cut corners" in odd or really inconvenient ways!!! i have never stayed in a hotel that has no alarm clocks, does not have ice machines on each floor next to soda or snack machines, and most irritating for me was no continental breakfast for the pricey room (which apparently they used to have and quit!) and no hot tubs in the park or in the hotel!! when i inquired about the hot tub i got a very snotty response "it's a water park"...excuse me but what is a hot tub filled with but water and who do you think brings kids to water parks? adults who want a hot tub, that's who!!! there are no lockers available to secure possessions such as cell phone, car keys, wallet...which you'll need to get food!, camera...which you might want to put away after you get pix of the kids! VERY inconvenient...i also did not find the lifeguards to be all that attentive, and while my kids liked not being "made" to use the innertubes on the lazy river (which was too shallow for all but the youngest kids) it made for a very unsafe attraction when adults or other children on innertubes barreled down and over the kids on foot when they were caught in the water flow! i also did not like on this ride that you can't truly relax and float like you can at Splash Country because at two different spots there is no way to avoid being showered from above! while i liked that the bathrooms were cleaner than Splash Country you had to exit the park through a very COLD foyer to get to them! REALLY? soaking wet in the middle of winter? my kids liked the water slides better and that there was a pool for swimming only, but they too missed being able to warm up in the hot tub, did NOT like the lazy river, HATED having to freeze to go to the bathroom, and found the chemical level miserable (my husband had to go to Walmart and buy them goggles to use).The kids also missed the really BIG water bucket and the basket ball pool that they have at Splash Country. Lastly the power outlet in our room in the separate building was extremely dangerous...i went to plug in my cell phone behind the night stand between the beds and the plate was completely loose from the wall exposing everything! NOT SAFE! Overall i left feeling let down and dissatisfied...if forced to pick i'd pick Splash Country, esp for the price! Sure Castlerock is newer and thus far cleaner but i just wasn't impressed!!! NOT a customer friendly place in my opinion!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family