“Seperate room 4 bunks, lots of lifeguards 4 indoor waterpark, free brkfst”

Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark
Ranked #127 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Missouri
“Seperate room 4 bunks, lots of lifeguards 4 indoor waterpark, free brkfst”
Reviewed March 24, 2009

They just opened, so I know they are working out the kinks, I gave less of a rating on service and rooms. The service checking in and out was slow as staff tried to figure out how to do it...it's new and so are they. The rooms were great with a seperate bunk area for the kids with their own t.v. and remote but I wished their was more of a fan in the bathroom and a minifridge/micro. As this place had just opened, the ice machine wasn't in place on our floor yet and the laundry wasn't ready, which we really needed for our bathing suits - for more trips to their awesome indoor waterpark. We could have set them by our wall unit to dry. There were lifeguards everywhere monitoring the pool areas, slides, lazy river and toddler areas - they really paid attention. I would like to suggest they put down slip resistant strips on the tile from the pool area to the elevators as it stayed wet with all the traffic. Overall it was soooo much fun, the kids and I both loved the bunk bed area with private t.v., and we all had lots of fun at the indoor waterpark over and over during our stay. We will definetly go back!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Batesville
Reviewed March 24, 2009

I choose Castle Rock Resort And Water Park because I knew it was new and had a water park for my 5 year old son. So we planned a weekend trip. I used the website to make all reservations (big mistake), but I knew it was new so what could go wrong. When we arrived a 9pm Thursday night they informed us the hotel was full we would be in the ajacement builting 3 parking lots over from the waterpark. In the Autrium hotel this hotel had to be about 30 years old it smell, it was dirt, and the beds are like rocks. So we check out the next morning we did get use of the waterpark until 9pm the next day. But that was a big let down to, l never seen the arcade and most of the waterpark wasn't working. I know I will never go there again.

2 Thank J0018746
Iowa
Reviewed March 23, 2009

This Hotel was a little pricy for what they had to offer. The restuarant wasn't opened yet, game room? not sure it existed. The so called continental breakfast has a lot to be desired. The staff was very nice and helpful for a first stay. The kids did enjoy the waterpark but for the price, they should either offer tickets to a show or lower the price. We stayed in the atrium section and they do need to update the rooms. The shower only spit a little water - not much pressure. I would more than like choose another hotel on my next stay.

1 Thank clsiniowa
Overland Park
Reviewed March 21, 2009

This hotel was not ready to be opened. The restaurant was still under construction, and the arcade was no where to be seen. This place and the waterpark is probably geared toward families with kids up to about 7 or 8. It was irritating they were selling these packages which included restaurant meals when the restaurant was not opened. A really lame free breakfast! A few banana's made up the only fresh fruit offered. How about a toaster for some bagels or muffins? How do you fail to get your restaurant opened on a hotel project that I am sure was in the works for over a year. Also they were understaffed at the front desk. With all the other hotel choices in Branson, I don't why anyone would stay here again. We got the room with the bunkbeds. A real thin and hard mattress, and for some reason only the fitted sheet was put on. The top sheet and blanket was folded up for us to put on. Which is kind of a pain on bunk beds against a wall.

1 Thank ghazz