“Not worth the money”

Fall Creek Steak & Catfish House
Ranked #75 of 384 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Description: Fall Creek Steak & Catfish House for more than 19 years - Branson's home of the TOSSED rolls, Delicious home-style cooking and fast friendly service. Hand-breaded deep-fried catfish, hand cut steaks, ribs, burgers and more.Take a moment step back look around and soak up the ozark atmosphere and charm of the old log cabin.
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We read some of the reviews and thought we would try this place out. The did "toss" the rolls even when they were standing beside you. Sometimes, they even tossed them a decent amount of distant. The food was not what you would expect for the price. The atmosphere seemed a little strange with all the misc. hanging around. The building was nice and spacious with plenty of seating.

There are newer reviews for Fall Creek Steak & Catfish House

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We went here over Spring Break this past March. I jsut came across the credit card receipt which prompted this review.

I ordered the prime rib, cooked medium (slight pink in the middle)... what I was served can best be described as a piece of dry rotted tire. The waitress said they had been having problems with the prime rib (why would they continue to serve it?) and asked if I wanted to order something else, so I gave the top sirloin a try. It came out a strange mealy gray color, and when I cut into it, it was blood red on the inside... since it had no grill marks, I'm guessing it had been microwaved. My wife had the fried catfish; it looked good, but when you bit into it, the fish had an almost mushy consistency, much like the green beans. I'm sorry, but "mushy" should be reserved only for food like mashed potatoes, not green beans and definitely not fish.

I'll admit the rolls were good... when we got them. We were there for over an hour and the roll person (just one!!) came within shouting distance 2 times. One of these two time, she was about 30 feet away, and -- I swear this is true -- she took 4 rolls to find the range on our table: 2 attempts went 3-or-4 feet over our heads, hit the window behind us, and landed in the food on the table behind us; 1 hit the floor in front of us; and the 4th one hit a busboy going by our table!

After all this, I paid $53.25 (plus tip). What a dumb butt I am!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We had a very nice time at this restaurant. It was very reasonably priced. For a group of 15 our bill was $200. That did not include appetizers or dessert but it did include some cocktails for the adults and drinks for all the kids. I had the grilled fish and it was very good, my husband had deep-fried catfish and it was good as well Others at our group had barbecue and thought it was good one gal had the steak and it was not good. Everyone loved catching the rolls. I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

great lunch selection and prices.
Had eaten there for dinner and will return again.
Wish one could exchange the fries on the lunch specials for slaw or salad.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had a group of about 70 high school students and sponsers and had a reservation months in advance. We were given a special menu in which we could only order four items (we knew this) and most of the kids ordered the nachos. I don't know where the cook was taught to cook nachos but it certainly not in Mexico. There were plenty of chips but instead of melted cheese or cheese sause, there was sparsley scattered shreaded cheese on just some of the chips. The menu said it was aslo served with salsa and sour cream but the kids had to ask for them. The wait staff seemed confused, upset that they had to keep getting things for us that they forgot, or was just put out with our group. Three of our kids never got their orders and they had to hurry and fix something for them and put it into a to go box. I overheard one of the waitresses say that they were not used to groups and the orders got confusing. Funny, they have an area just for large groups and with just four items to be chosen by us, I am not able to understand the confusion. And with our group having a reservation months in advance, one would think they would have been more prepared for us. And the other restaurants we visited during our trip seemed to handle our group just fine. If you are traveling with a large group, do your homework and find other restaurants that may be able to handle your group.