“Trip south 2019”

Ranked #229 of 415 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Driving down 76 Country Blvd., you can't miss the 3 1/2 - story Rooster looming over the big red barn, home of The Great American Steak & Chicken House.Breakfast begins at 7a.m. and includes everyone's favorites from Flapjacks, Omelets and homemade Biscuits & Sausage Gravy to the fresh Farmer's Makret Fruit Bar.Lunch and dinner features, All-American favorites and appetizers that range from Chicken Wings, Fried Green Tomatoes and Fried Pickles to Grilled Chicken Nachos and the yummy Onion Hay Stack.The menu is filled with delicious.home-style cooking, beginning with the homemade Chicken and Dumplings, Broasted Chicken, Beef Liver & Onions, Fried Pork Steak and even Frog Legs! The tender, juicy steaks range from an 8oz. Filet to a 16oz. Porterhouse! Side dish choices include Fried Okra, Black Eyed Peas, Mashed Potatos & Gravy, Collard Greens, Baked Sweet Potatoes and much more.Add the Heartland Soup, Salad & Bread Bar to your entree or make it a meal on its own. One of the best parts of dining at The Great American Steak & Chicken House is the FREE "Hen House Handouts" with the purchase of an entree!
Reviewed March 15, 2019 via mobile

Decided to eat here today. I had the buffet and the wife ordered off the menu. The food was hot but not a big selection. The best things on the buffet were the soups and the baked beans.

Date of visit: March 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,125)

Reviewed March 9, 2019 via mobile

I wished I would have read all the reviews before coming. The food was horrible,they had stuff on the buffet that they said wasn’t available for the buffet. We paid 60 dollars for BREAKFAST for 3 kids and 2 adults buffet. And not one of us wanted seconds. Go somewhere else!!!! Food is horrible.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed December 30, 2018 via mobile

We went to this restaurant because they advertised a seafood buffet fried fish and fried shrimp does not a seafood buffet make. When we asked about it they told us the seafood buffet was around back. The kids had already ordered so we decided to eat the buffet there. I have eaten at a ton of buffets but the was the worst. No flavor, cheap food and warm fruit in the salad bar. Do not waste your money.

Reviewed December 19, 2018

I did not have the buffet, however my wife did. The buffet offered the normal offerings of fried chicken and shrimp, ribs and other meats. The meat and veggies were warm which in some buffets they are room temperature. My liver was cooked perfectly and the brown gravy was very tasty. Service was lacking as we had to ask for refills. Our server stopped by several times and ask if the food was tasty but as I stated above we had to ask for refills.

Reviewed December 13, 2018 via mobile

with all the family fair outside not so much on the food. I must say that the level of service was so much better then the food. Our server was so friendly and helpful I gave more on the tip for her.
Food was not horrible but la king in flavor or taste.order from the menu much better.

1  Thank EricO393

Been to The Great American Steak & Chicken House? Share your experiences!