“Fun novelty!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Great American Steak & Chicken House

The Great American Steak & Chicken House
Ranked #178 of 370 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Driving down 76 Country Blvd., you can't miss the 3 1/2 - story Rooster looming over the big red barn, home of The Great American Steak & Chicken House.Breakfast begins at 7a.m. and includes everyone's favorites from Flapjacks, Omelets and homemade Biscuits & Sausage Gravy to the fresh Farmer's Makret Fruit Bar.Lunch and dinner features, All-American favorites and appetizers that range from Chicken Wings, Fried Green Tomatoes and Fried Pickles to Grilled Chicken Nachos and the yummy Onion Hay Stack.The menu is filled with delicious.home-style cooking, beginning with the homemade Chicken and Dumplings, Broasted Chicken, Beef Liver & Onions, Fried Pork Steak and even Frog Legs! The tender, juicy steaks range from an 8oz. Filet to a 16oz. Porterhouse! Side dish choices include Fried Okra, Black Eyed Peas, Mashed Potatos & Gravy, Collard Greens, Baked Sweet Potatoes and much more.Add the Heartland Soup, Salad & Bread Bar to your entree or make it a meal on its own. One of the best parts of dining at The Great American Steak & Chicken House is the FREE "Hen House Handouts" with the purchase of an entree!
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Fun novelty!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

We had a nice experience here! The novelty of the "big chicken" is everywhere! We were even approached to have our picture made with the "big chicken, be prepared to pay for it! Our server was very good, friendly and quick to give us suggestions. He was also very attentive with our water glasses and did not leave the dirty dishes on the table but was quick to retrieve them. The food was ample portions and we were actually able to have two meals out of most of it. The chicken was very good, fresh and moist and the mashed potatoes/gravy were made from scratch.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Don't waste your time.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

When we arrived, I noticed that it wasn't busy but it did take a while for the hostess to come and seat us and also the people in front of us. Not long after we were seated, our waitress came out with corn bread and took our orders. There is also a man who will try really hard to take your picture, come back with it and try to sell it to you for $10.00. As I waited for our food, I started to look up reviews for this place. I seriously wished I would of read it before I came. I felt dirty sitting at my table. Something smelled like straight up cat poop in a dirty liter box. The food was horrible. I feel bad saying that because maybe someone actually took their time to cook it but my steak was flat out gross. It was so hard for me to cut, I seriously almost gave up on it. During my time there, I saw a group of 4 people get seated and left after about 15 minutes when no one came to serve them. I also saw 2 other tables complain and needing to speak to the manager. My meal for 2 came out to almost 40 dollars. Not worth it. Save your money and go somewhere else.

2 Thank MLY314
Senatobia, Mississippi
“Why the negative reviews?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

I'm very surprised to see the negative reviews. On our first night at Branson, our very large group ate here. My husband said his steak was perfect. I had chicken strips and so did my daughter, they were delicious as well. Cornbread was perfect!! Staff was quick and excellent!! Our only complaints were the old man trying to sell photos, and the VERY rude salesman when you first walk in the restaurant.

“Worst Chicken in Town”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

The chicken was cold and dried out. The service was horrible. Rumor has it they want to build another restuarant in town. Dont do it concentrate on this place. You need new help to make this place better.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank chris d
Bullard, Texas
“A Chicken House That Laid an Egg”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

The advertisements claimed great steak and chicken. When you walk in you walk under a 50 foot chicken (kind of suggests chicken is a main focus) as does the name. The price for a 4 piece chicken entrée was $12.99 for lunch, they are proud of their hand breaded and fried chicken. In reality, 4 small pieces of what could be frozen, tasteless and dry chicken. A "Great American Disappointment. The ice tea was good.......

1 Thank John A