“Good Food”

Ranked #163 of 388 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Driving down 76 Country Blvd., you can't miss the 3 1/2 - story Rooster looming over the big red barn, home of The Great American Steak & Chicken House.Breakfast begins at 7a.m. and includes everyone's favorites from Flapjacks, Omelets and homemade Biscuits & Sausage Gravy to the fresh Farmer's Makret Fruit Bar.Lunch and dinner features, All-American favorites and appetizers that range from Chicken Wings, Fried Green Tomatoes and Fried Pickles to Grilled Chicken Nachos and the yummy Onion Hay Stack.The menu is filled with delicious.home-style cooking, beginning with the homemade Chicken and Dumplings, Broasted Chicken, Beef Liver & Onions, Fried Pork Steak and even Frog Legs! The tender, juicy steaks range from an 8oz. Filet to a 16oz. Porterhouse! Side dish choices include Fried Okra, Black Eyed Peas, Mashed Potatos & Gravy, Collard Greens, Baked Sweet Potatoes and much more.Add the Heartland Soup, Salad & Bread Bar to your entree or make it a meal on its own. One of the best parts of dining at The Great American Steak & Chicken House is the FREE "Hen House Handouts" with the purchase of an entree!
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Can't miss the place - over sized chicken at the entrance! Service was quick and efficient. Food was good and tasty, especially the Fried Green Tomatoes!

Huge portions, so didn't have enough room to eat a dessert.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We had a late lunch, early dinner at this restaurant. The service was great, food very tasty. The only down side was the servings were very large.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stopped for a late lunch, decided on the salad bar. We weren't that impressed. Dressings were good, they only offered cracker, or croutons no bread. We had tea to drink, we felt that the bill was pricey at $21 plus tip. People were very friendly, but didn't like the ticket guy in the lobby.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

The food was just ok, but what really annoyed me was the older gentleman who walks around taking pictures for $10. Not only was it an intrusion on family time, but he wore far too much cologne. Will not be returning.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Ordered the meatloaf for dinner. When I tasted it, I determined that it was the worst meatloaf ever. Had my wife try it, who is generally more forgiving of meatloaf than I and even she said it was lousy. When the waitress asked how everything was, I told her it was the worst meatloaf I had ever eaten, and that she should just take it away. She responded "I didn't make it." Although she offered to bring me something else, I declined and just ate off the salad bar. Eventually the manager came over, apologized, and removed the meal from my tab. The waitress returned later, said that the manager had tasted the meatloaf after I complained and declared it to be "raunchy". Couldn't help but noticed that several other diners around us had complaints about food as well. If you're the type of diner who likes a challenge, I suggest you order the meatloaf (aka Purina on a Plate). If you're the type of diner who has any kind of taste at all, visit any other restaurant in town.