“Not good”

The Great American Steak & Chicken House
Ranked #170 of 372 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Driving down 76 Country Blvd., you can't miss the 3 1/2 - story Rooster looming over the big red barn, home of The Great American Steak & Chicken House.Breakfast begins at 7a.m. and includes everyone's favorites from Flapjacks, Omelets and homemade Biscuits & Sausage Gravy to the fresh Farmer's Makret Fruit Bar.Lunch and dinner features, All-American favorites and appetizers that range from Chicken Wings, Fried Green Tomatoes and Fried Pickles to Grilled Chicken Nachos and the yummy Onion Hay Stack.The menu is filled with delicious.home-style cooking, beginning with the homemade Chicken and Dumplings, Broasted Chicken, Beef Liver & Onions, Fried Pork Steak and even Frog Legs! The tender, juicy steaks range from an 8oz. Filet to a 16oz. Porterhouse! Side dish choices include Fried Okra, Black Eyed Peas, Mashed Potatos & Gravy, Collard Greens, Baked Sweet Potatoes and much more.Add the Heartland Soup, Salad & Bread Bar to your entree or make it a meal on its own. One of the best parts of dining at The Great American Steak & Chicken House is the FREE "Hen House Handouts" with the purchase of an entree!
“Not good”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place didn't have great food but the real problem was the service. It wasn't busy and it took an hour to get our food after ordering. All the workers passed the blame around on what the problem actually was. The manager did take 30% off our bill to make up for it, which was good but the food was lacking majorly to have that kind of bad service. I think there are better places to go for sure.

• Visited November 2012

KCMO
“Great chicken...”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I loved the chicken here, and the free cornbread was great, and my green beans were great with the onions and bacon in them, but... was disappointed that my sweet potato was mostly undercooked. I'm one of those people that likes her hot food hot, not slightly warm and the food seemed just on the warm side. Our waiter was the greatest and really took good care of us. Also had a nice view from our table out the back.

Visited November 2012
“Not sure y all the negative remarks I liked it”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Kinda busy but really friendly sodas a little pricey but that's everywhere in Branson server was really nice and funny even made my husband laugh a couple times which isn't an easy task!! Really enjoyed ourselves

“Very disappointing”
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Breakfast buffet was of a poor quality. Service was good and price was great. I would not hurry back for breakfast.

1 Thank RobLauraG
Sanibel Island, Florida
“good chicken, good price, good service”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I read all of the reviews, and this is our second visit to have a chicken dinner. The service was above average, and the chicken fried chicken was delish. I would recommend this restaurant to couples or families,as they do offer a child menu. We did notice on our ticket the 78 cents that they added to our bill for the 'tornado fund'! I never would have noticed this if I didnt read the reviews before we went. When we asked the waiter, he did say it was optional, but I dont think the majority of patrons will realize the charge. I dont know quite what to think of this. Maybe they should just ask for donations instead of sneaking it into your bill. Anyway,,, the food was excellent and so was the service so we didnt mind so much. We will probably eat here again.

• Visited October 2012