“What a mistake!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Since I'm from Texas, I am ashamed that this place carries the Lone Star name. We walked in and stood around for 5 minutes before we went around the corner to find someone. We actually checked the front door for the times they were open. Nothing was freshly made! The food was bland and the fish and chips were pitiful. Pre breaded, frozen patties...gross! The French fries were inedible because they has so much salt on them. My daughter has celiac disease and all they had to offer was a salad with oil and vinegar or a burger with no bun. Really, a bag of gluten free buns in the freezer just doesn't take up that much space. Charge a dollar extra, I would pay 2 extra, just so me kid has a semi normal meal. The atmosphere was boring and the place has NO personality. The server was ok, but didn't make a huge impression on me. It seemed that it was just a job for her. Never again.

1  Thank Mary-Ann C
There are newer reviews for Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I went with my family to this establishment while vacationing in Branson. We almost left before being seated due to the fact no one even came to seat us. When we were seated it took a long time to even get our drink and appetizer order. Thankfully, we got an appetizer due to the fact we waited 30+ minutes for our entrees. Our server never checked on us, and the manager was running around and using very foul language with children present. When the waiter came to refill our drinks he spilled the tea, and left it there. When we finally got our food, most of it was not edible. The steak was too rare, the caesar salad was extremely fishy, and none of it was even up to par. I am very disappointed in this establishment, and I do not plan to return again.

1  Thank ThisIsMe1998
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Nice selections on a lunch menu that are available daily until 4:00. Waitress, Lori, was efficient and pleasant and manager, Chris, stopped at each table to make sure customers were pleased. Very good food. Will definitely go back on our next visit.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This chain restaurant is poorly managed, lacks attention to detail. Lots of food crumbs on the floor, many unbused tables and the bathroom was not as clean as it should have been. Food is average chain fare, but you can do a lot better in Branson.

1  Thank GardeningBabe
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Husband and I have dined at this location, before but this time the visit was just ok. My husband was in the mood for a steak, and did not want to travel to the landing to Texas Land & Cattle.

Lone star was not busy and we started with a Texas Rose and Hurricanes.The drinks were good, but we had to send the Texas Rose back as it tasted like it had been cooked in old grease. we normally, do not send items back or comment on food but it was not edible. The server took it off the bill.

My husband ordered a fillet and I ordered coconut shrimp. Both entrees were cooked fine and we had no problems with the meal. The service was a little slow in the beginning, but after we received our salads the service was more attentive.

My husband indicated he preferred the steaks at other establishments, but it was fine for not wanting to wait and fight traffic.