“Celebrated 35th Anniversary ”
Review of Chateau Grille

Chateau Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Chateau Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 389 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The award winning Chateau Grille has been a favorite to both locals and visitors for many years. With its exceptional views of Table Rock Lake, together with great service and great food; as the only restaurant in Branson having been awarded the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence designation, you will want to include in your plans a dining experience beyond compare.
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

The view was fantastic, the wait staff was outstanding, the food was quite good, but the wine selection was superb! Ask for Michael to be your waiter!!!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

The title says it all. The Chateau on the Lake is on a beautiful piece of land facing the lake. It's absolutely gorgeous. The hotel entrance and lobby are also quite lovely. However, our room was just okay - nothing out of the ordinary. To be quite honest I was expecting much more but I couldn't complain as our rate was quite reasonable.... if it had been in $200-$300 range I would have been quite upset. We arrived after 7:00 pm on our first night there so decided to eat at the Chateau Grille. The staff were so helpful to take care of a reservation for us. The pricing suggests this restaurant is upscale, however, the food did not come through. To be honest, I'd never eat there again. Everything was quite bland right down to my caesar salad. The two best things about our meal were the wine and our waiter - it hurt to pay our bill but alas, we did. I do want to say the staff at this hotel was outstanding... they are the true gems. Oh, and the sweet shop too! I enjoyed my daily morning Americano. All in all, I'm not sure I'd stay here again.

chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau Grille, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear sphinxie07:

Our Executive Chef and his culinary team work very hard at preparing high quality meals from the freshest of products available to us in this market. I know they will be very disappointed to learn that your dining experience was not in keeping with our own high standards.
Your feedback is invaluable to us, as it allows us the opportunity to take corrective actions in our endeavors to improve. Please accept my sincere apologies for our shortcomings and I trust this incident will not become a deterring factor in your patronage of the Chateau in the future.

Stephen Marshall

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We went for the breakfast buffet for my wife’s birthday. The staff was great and the view was too, but the food was just ok. I like bacon and I was very disappointed. It was greasy and very sparse. I ended up with greasy broken pieces on my second trip. Did I mention the bacon was greasy?

I do not know why cooks have to add all of the spices to milk gravy. I just do not like that kind of gravy, if you do you will be fine. Next time I will go into town and eat at one of the cheaper buffets; they are a better value, without a view.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Christmas week doldrums in the Ozarks and very few people. We were there for lunch and almost had the place to ourselves. We ate in the atrium with eight stories of rooms surrounding us but down below where we sat it was a beautiful tropical setting complete with water and birds.
I had a Kobi beef hamburger and the girls had flat iron steaks, they were all very good as were the salad and sides. We didn't have any soup as last time a very small cup of "soup of the day" was $6. - a bit steep, we thought. The service was excellent but there weren't many customers. We lingered over coffee and took in the scenery - tropical plants and hundreds of poinsettias.
There is also a dining room that overlooks Table Rock Lake, maybe we'll try that next time..

Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

This was a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. It was huge, more stations than you could imagine. They even had a kids buffet that was really short and included macaroni and cheese, pizza and cupcakes. But, the service was awful. My brother in law had to wait forever for a glass of water. Servers told us they were waiting to get glasses, really? As much as this dinner cost and we had absolutely no service. I would try it again, just because the food was so very good. But if the service didn't improve, that would be my last time.