“No Food for 2.5 HOURS after placing our order..........CHRISTMAS EVE”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Chateau Grille

Chateau Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Chateau Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 369 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The award winning Chateau Grille has been a favorite to both locals and visitors for the past 17 years. With its exceptional views of Table Rock Lake, together with great service and great food; as the only restaurant in Branson having been awarded the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence designation, you will want to include in your plans a dining experience beyond compare.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No Food for 2.5 HOURS after placing our order..........CHRISTMAS EVE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

A couple weeks before Christmas my husband and I decided to take an employee to dinner at the Chateau Grill for Christmas Eve Dinner. Reservations well in advance - check.

We arrived on schedule - ordered a glass of wine for my husband - a tomato juice for myself and awaited our guest. He arrived and we ordered a glass of wine for him. We reviewed the menu and placed our orders. This was at about 6:45 pm. There were very few diners in the dining room - . Our orders were relatively simple - NY Strips for the men, a filet for me - with simple sides. 2 hours later - and after many people coming, eating, and leaving, we left. We had talked to a supervisor, to the restaurant manager - and people continued to be served around us - still no dinner. The manager talked to us TWICE and assured us our dinners were on the way - BUT IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. We got up and left........with the manager and the waiter - AZIZ - following us apologizing profusely. You know, the apologies on round one were good - the apologies on round two were good. After 2.5 hours the apologies weren't washing. I really believe our orders weren't turned in at all - and weren't subsequently turned in as everyone around us came and went and we still weren't served.

This wasn't our first trip to Chateau. We had Christmas Brunch there last year - as well as Mother's Day, Easter, and Thanksgiving..........this was the last in a series of deteriorating service. I knew the waiter by name - so we're not 'regulars' as much as we are 'frequent diners' -

I'm very upset with the whole incident. There were no other restaurants available - it was Christmas Eve - and we had a long drive home. This was awful service and not worth the gasoline it took to get down there and back.

Thanks for NOTHING!!!

TERRIBLE SERVICE - AND TERRIBLE CUSTOMER RELATIONS -

Jan Karnis
Christmas Eve 2012

1 Thank webekruizindudez
chateauonthelake, General Manager at Chateau Grille, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Sir:

What can I say other than we are very sorry for our ineptness during your most recent dining experience at our Chateau Grille. What you experienced was certainly not in keeping with our own high standards. Over the years we have gained a reputation for great food and great service as acknowledged by many in other reviews.
I understand that our Director of Restaurant has already been in touch and has extended an invitation for you and your wife to be our guests at another time. If I am not mistaken your guest has already been back. All accounts were that we were able to make amends for our previous failings. We look forward to having you back as our guests.

Stephen Marshall
Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa

Alexandria, Louisiana
“Should have been better for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

Very pricey. Food was just fair and way over priced. Nice ambience for a romantic dinner. However, we were sitting next to a table with small children...kind of ruined it.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank JudyG56
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Great Thanksgiving buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

This was my second year having Thanksgiving dinner with my kids and grand kids at the Chateau. The food is awesome, not your typical buffet! There were shrimp and crab legs for appetizers, so it was hard to get to the entrees. You definitely have to pace yourself. Two glasses of champagne or mimosas with each meal was a nice touch. The turkey and the beef were delicious and the bread pudding was out of this world! Oh, the pumpkin pie was good too.

Visited November 2012
Protem, Missouri
“None better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

The Chateau has a brunch on Thanksgiving day. Reservations are required ands the price is $46 per person. They include a 15% gratuity on the bill. I would'nt be concerned about that as the service is excellent. The brunch is in the ballroom which will seat about 1000 I'd estimate. My wife and I were seated at precisely the time of our reservation. The hotel lobby was packed with folks waiting to get into the brunch. Waitress immediately came around with the MImosa's which were included with the price. The brunch serving tables were spread out, not in a straight line, so there was no waiting to get the dish you wanted. Seafood galore. Jumbo chilled and peeled shrimp, split chilled crab legs, and oysters on the half shell. There's your $46 of value right there if you like oysters, etc.. As far as main course, you could have breakfast items, served as you liked, or the full Thanksgiving type dinner. I went for the chef carved prime rib, skipping the turkey. Lamb, beef, and many other dishes were offered. The dessert table was better than any in my life experiences. It would out do any luxury cruise ship.

• Visited November 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent dining (eat for free?)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

You can read the other reviews and know that this is a fine dining experience off the 76 strip in Branson. So, raves for food atmosphere, service, etc. not withstanding, I'll focus on how to get the most value while dining 'high on the hog'. First of all, this is an upscale (read that $$$$) venue. You can enjoy breakfast or lunch, with a less radical wallet surgery than dinner. Figure $30-40 for two non-drinkers for breakfast and lunch.
Now, here's how to get two $25 vouchers. Yes, you have to suffer a tour and sales presentation at the Welk Resort; however, as a new owner with tremendous sales resistance, this was an offer I couldn't refuse, particularly as it allowed me to liquidate my Las Vegas timeshare as a credit to my new vacation home. OK, you'll get 2 vouchers for the Chateau good for $25 each! Two breakfast entrees including steak and eggs, plus hotchocolate set me back $6 plus tip (based upon total bill of $31=$5), by using the voucher!
I am not employed by Chateau or Welk, but wanted to let you know how to parley a free tour for discount dining not available through other coupons.
Recommend for breakfast, the hot chocolate(with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles!), steak and eggs as well as Spanish omelet. Portions are generous making it ideal for folks staying in a hotel or condo with fridge and microwave for great leftovers for a second meal.
Apologies for the $ focus; however, I bet there are other 'mooches' like me who want to obtain the best value while enjoying the finest restaurant!

• Visited December 2012

Been to Chateau Grille? Share your experiences!