“Won't be back”
Review of Bumsteads - CLOSED

Bumsteads
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Description: Best Branson Restaurant and Bar with a local flavor serving great food in large portions at a reasonable price in a fun local environment. Forget the commercial chain or predictable franchise restaurant that is all to common in Branson, Missouri. Come on in and grab a one of a kind appetizer or delicious pizza made in our stone brick oven served by Branson's friendliest staff. Join us for happy hour Monday-Friday from 2pm - 6pm where you can wet your whistle and munch on something from our extensive appetizer menu. Aside from our pizza, the locals also love our pork tenderloin sandwich and rueben served up with a fresh order of our home style fries or onion rings. We also have darts, pool, shuffleboard and Golden Tee for all of your entertainment needs. We look forward to seeing you soon!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Won't be back”
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Bar mentality. We stopped in for lunch, new place in the last year. Figured we would give it a shot. They seemed pretty proud of their fresh cut fries. Soggy not crisp. I don't know how they do that. Not good. The sandwich was just so so. $3.00 more if you want to split one. $.25 apiece for water. And a few if you want a take home box. Smelled of old smoke and beer. A bar usually takes quite a while to develop that level of atmosphere.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Gerald S

Branson, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bumstead out to lunch”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I very rarely write reviews, but it is time for one for this resturant. I have attempted to eat at this establishment several times and succeeded on 2 occasions. The food was good, but like others said not always correct. My BIG issue is that on three separate trips there I have been told that there would be a long wait each time with different reasons. Two of those reasons were that the cook had to go to the store to get the food to cook my lunch and now that the cook was "out to lunch" at 1:30 PM!!! estimated to be gone probably 30 minutes. 3 out of tive trys, I had to go elsewhere and when you are on a lunch break from work that is a real problem.
This was absolutely my last trip. I have had similar stories from friends trying to eat there as well and they are EXTREMELY slow when you can get food, and they will not do carryout phone orders. They are "to busy". I have not seen more than 3 to 4 tables of customers there on any of my 5 visits. As you can tell I am very patient, but this was my very last try for this place even though it is very convient to where I work.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank donna j
Branson, Missouri
“Not good service”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Went the other night with a group of friends. I waitress was so confused she keep forgetting to bring us sweetner for our tea. Then when asked about bacon on the burger she didn't know if that was an option or not. It isn't like they have a large menu, it is actually very small and only a few options.

I had the chicken sandwich and it was OK a little dry had to ask several times for some mayo to put on it. The ones that did order a burger said they were good. The fries in my option were very greasy, on the menu it says they cook them on the crispy side to make sure they are done, but I thought they were very soggy.

They charge .25 for a glass of water, they say on the menu it is a handling charge. They also charge .50 per take out box. Two of the people did order a burger to go and they put both orders of fries in one box. The menu also said they only do take out orders during certain hours, and the dinner time was not a time they offer take out orders

I would not go back and this is not a way to get local repeat business

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank T M
Branson, Missouri, United States
“Bugs at Bumsteads Burger Bar”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stopped at Bumstead's Burger Bar and ordered a beer and a "cheese"burger. When the burger came out with no cheese I returned it and apparently I was being "picky" for doing so, at least that's what the bartender said I was. After finding a bug crawling in my food two minutes later I showed her and asked to just cash out. Without any questions, comments, or hesitation; she quickly responded with, "That'll be $8.65." I see the future of that place going in the same direction as the last three businesses that failed in that location......down. They have terrible customer service and their menu is extremely limited. They only offer lettuce and onion for their cheeseburgers, that is, if they remember to add the cheese. No tomatoes, no bacon, but plenty of bugs that they won't charge extra for but will still charge full price. They also charge for water and to go boxes for take-out orders so be sure to bring your own if ordering takeout.

• Visited May 2013