“Bugs at Bumsteads Burger Bar”
Review of Bumsteads - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Description: Best Branson Restaurant and Bar with a local flavor serving great food in large portions at a reasonable price in a fun local environment. Forget the commercial chain or predictable franchise restaurant that is all to common in Branson, Missouri. Come on in and grab a one of a kind appetizer or delicious pizza made in our stone brick oven served by Branson's friendliest staff. Join us for happy hour Monday-Friday from 2pm - 6pm where you can wet your whistle and munch on something from our extensive appetizer menu. Aside from our pizza, the locals also love our pork tenderloin sandwich and rueben served up with a fresh order of our home style fries or onion rings. We also have darts, pool, shuffleboard and Golden Tee for all of your entertainment needs. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stopped at Bumstead's Burger Bar and ordered a beer and a "cheese"burger. When the burger came out with no cheese I returned it and apparently I was being "picky" for doing so, at least that's what the bartender said I was. After finding a bug crawling in my food two minutes later I showed her and asked to just cash out. Without any questions, comments, or hesitation; she quickly responded with, "That'll be $8.65." I see the future of that place going in the same direction as the last three businesses that failed in that location......down. They have terrible customer service and their menu is extremely limited. They only offer lettuce and onion for their cheeseburgers, that is, if they remember to add the cheese. No tomatoes, no bacon, but plenty of bugs that they won't charge extra for but will still charge full price. They also charge for water and to go boxes for take-out orders so be sure to bring your own if ordering takeout.

5  Thank Jacob D