“Dishonest Hotel”

Angel Inn - Near IMAX
Ranked #72 of 139 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed July 1, 2009

I booked this room for only one night just in case it was a terrible hotel. I'm glad I did. I'm a business man and internet in the room is extremely important. I checked the amenities of this hotel before I booked and free internet in each room was listed. I was unable to connect to the internet when I got to my room but I could connect to the hotel next door but their signal was very weak. I called the rude assistant at the front desk and she said the problem must be with my laptop because she was on the internet at that moment. I told her that I'd never had problems getting on at hotels and WiFi hotspots and besides I could pick up the hotel next door. She became more rude. I managed to stay online with the neighboring hotel's signal long enough to find another hotel in town with internet. I checked out of AmazaInn the next morning and moved to another hotel for the rest of that week. I contacted the travel agency that I used and told them my experience. They called the hotel that night and spoke to another desk clerk that informed us that they knew the internet wasn't working for a few days and she said that the other desk clerk should have told me that instead of insisting my laptop was the problem. The next morning the travel agency called the manager and he refused to compensate us in any way. These people are dishonest and rude. My advise is to stay away from this hotel. The air conditioner thermostat was also set too high. I had it set to Maximum cool and our room was still around 80 degrees all night. Our room would not get cool enough but the thermostat kept turning the air conditioner off and on all during the night. It was 100 degrees everday we were in town and that night,,,,we were very hot. Thank God for the other hotel. Their rooms are very cool and they offer free wireless internet.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Angel Inn - Near IMAX

Reviewed June 14, 2009

We stayed for 5 nights and couldn't of asked for anything better for the price. We had a room with 3 queens...AWESOME!!! There was a breakfast every morning...My Daughter had oatmeal 1 morning so I can't say much about breakfast. Roomy rooms, and very quiet when we were there. Location was good for us, not on 76 HWY with all the hustle and bustle. No problems!! Will stay again!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank RanaeB
Reviewed June 3, 2009

Our family booked online and we enjoyed staying at Amazinn. When we arrived on Friday evening there were two clerks at the desk so check in went quickly. We drove down to park. we had booked their cheapest room from their website. I was worried that we would not be happy. Usually when we stay on vacation we go to the Comfort Inn on Shepherd of the Hills. They were full so we booked here instead. This place is nicer than the Comfort Inn and $22 less. The pool is big, the room was big, clean and comfortable and the breakfast was actually better than we thought it would be. Even though they were quite busy our room was quiet. I also liked it because our two teens could walk across the street to the Imax theater. Their website said they only had coffee in the lobby, but their was a one cup coffee maker in the room. I asked at the front desk when we were leaving and they said they just added them in May. We will stay here again when we go to Branson.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2009

I called the morning I planned on arriving. My 7 year old had decided to go to Branson, stay in a hotel, swim and play mini golf in lieu of a big birthday party. I debated on staying at one of the standby chain hotels, but the reviews for the AmazInn changed my mind. The front desk clerk was very helpful and really took her time in explaining the different room options and cost.

Check in is normally at 3:00 p.m. However, we were allowed to check in at approximately 1:30 p.m. I appreciated this since we were already in town and my son was antsy wanting to swim. I had reserved a king suite, which is a king bed, pull out sofa, microwave, refrigerator, jetted tub (standard bathtub w/jets), table with two chairs and coffee pot. The room was large and very clean. There were plenty of towels in our room as well as a bar of hand soap. There is a dispenser in the shower for soap. I only mention this because a previous reviewing commented that there was no shampoo or conditioner in the room.

The pool is located outside and there's a spa in the pool area. There was plenty of pool side seating and plenty of pool towels. The pool area was never crowded at all.

Continental breakfast was good. There were biscuits, gravy, bread, bagels, cream cheese, peanut butter, jelly, hard boiled eggs, donuts, juices, instant oatmeal packages, cold cereal, milk and fruit salad. The breakfast area was very clean and well kept. The breakfast attendant was very nice and sociable and kept the buffet full.

The hotel is located on the Shepard of the Hills Expressway which means that if you use the short cuts, you will not have to sit in the traffic on Hwy 76. This was a huge plus for us since we didn't plan on seeing any of the shows and wasn't interested in seeing the tourist destinations/traps along Hwy 76. There were a couple of mini golf courses near the hotel.

We paid a total of $80.04 for our room on a Saturday night, in the peak travel season. This room is comparable to the Holiday Inn Express and Comfort Inn & Suites I've stayed in before.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2009

We stayed one night over this Memorial Day weekend at AmazzInn & Suites motel. We paid about $60+tax for a value room with 2 queen pillowtop mattresses, in-room coffee maker, alarm clock, TV, and hairdryer. Room was big and clean, but had a musty smell. No microwave/fridge for our value room. No mini shampoo & conditioner, but they do have a bath soap dispenser over the bathtub. Motel seem to have been recently refurbished. Staff were friendly & helpful when we asked for directions. Continental breakfast was adequate - warm biscuits & gravy, donuts, hard-boiled eggs, cereal, milk, coffee, and juice. Breakfast area could be cleaner. They do provide free Wi-Fi. Location was great, along Shepherd of the Hills Expressway on the red route, next to Orange Blossom motel, and across from IMAX theater. Our motel and surrounding areas were quiet but very well lit all night. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2009

My husband and I stayed here just one night, but would stay longer if needed.

The room was clean the staff was very friendly and the breakfast was a nice surprise.
I booked my room with Sea Breeze Vacations travel agency .We got a great deal. $43.75 so you see I was a little worried. This is not a luxury hotel, it is a nice, clean, friendly place to stay.

The name says it all, it was Amazing!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank puddin68
Reviewed May 18, 2009

We stayed in two rooms on the night of May 9, 2009 and were extremely pleased with the cleanliness and condition of the rooms. All the personnel we dealt with were very friendly and the breakfast was good. New beds were extremely comfortable.

We will definately recommend this facility to others and stay there on our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends