“Alright but not necessarily "Amazin"”

Angel Inn - Near IMAX
Ranked #70 of 140 Hotels in Branson
St Joseph, Missouri USA
“Alright but not necessarily "Amazin"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

This hotel was just ok, not amazing. We had a lower level about mid way in the middle of the hotel. The room was spacious and clean but had an odd smell which almost reminded one of possible "bad body odor". We were to have a nonsmoking room so maybe this was something they sprayed to cover up a previous smoker? I loved the pillow top mattresses. They seemed fairly new without sunken areas. I agree there were a lot of people hanging in the parking lot smoking and leaving cigarette butts all over. The pool was clean and the hot tub looked to be well maintained. Late afternoon the beer drinkers took over the pool deck and chairs. Was never able to partake of the breakfast due to long lines. We waited in line for 15 minutes particularly waiting for biscuits and gravy to be told a few people ahead of us that they were out and did not have anymore. The price was very reasonable and the location on the Shepherd of the Hills Expressway made it easy to maneuver around and keep off 76 for the most part. May utilize "the purple building" next time to get specials 2 nights for the price of 1 at a higher quality inn.

Room Tip: Not sure if there is a "good" tip. There are no elevators and the approximate 20 steps se...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

They refused to look up our information when we got there and said our room wasn't ready. The housekeepers continued to beg for tips. The room smelled highly of smoke even though it was a smoke free room.

The breakfast was good though. Won't go back

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Zcraft
missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

I chose this hotel for its price. It was cheap, the pictures were great plus it was backed by SDC and their season pass holder program for discounts. Also it was a great location just off the strip. The actual room was nice enough, the bathtub was a little dingy and the sink had some wear but it felt for the most part clean. The reason we will not be back is the environment. There wasn't one moment when we left our room or was coming back that we didn't have to parade our kids (2 & 6 yrs) through a cloud of cigarette smoke and beer drinking. The balcony would have several people standing around or sitting in the nice padded chairs the hotel obviously provided on the balcony partying it up. Several rooms would keep their doors open and there would be a crowd taking part in the festivities. This was not only at night but during our trip to breakfast as well. I was disappointed that the website for the hotel presented it as a more family friendly environment and it was not. We had to avoid the pool for this reason as well. I will compliment the rowdy crowd as they did keep the noise level down for the most part after midnight. If you are looking for a cheap, fairly clean place and are traveling with adults only this isn't so bad but I do not recommend for a family.

Sedalia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

Stayed in a King room with a Jacuzzi tub on June 18th and 19th, it was room 132. Woke up on the second morning with a cockroach looking down on me from the ceiling. I contacted the front desk and was instructed to catch it in a cup and bring it to the front desk because the maintenance person was a bug expert and she believed it was probably only a wood roach. I thought that was weird but did it anyway. I was met by the day manager and she explained to me since "they were so far out" that they had problems with bugs. I explained to her that I live in the country so my house should be infested then, and I don't have bugs in my house. I understand that things happen that can be out of control and I'm not absolutely disgusted about the bug. I am disgusted about the attitude and the way the day manager handled the situation. When I checked out, I was greeted by a gentleman that was very nice, he asked how the stay was and I said it was a good stay except for the bug. He was very apologetic with the day manager within ear shot. She said nothing, I explained to him that I wanted to talk to the manager and he pointed to her. She never said anything about being sorry, adjusting my bill or anything. It was more like "oh well". I paid my bill and went home. I contacted the hotel on the following Monday morning about 8:20am and asked to speak with the manager. Who did I get? The same lady that didn't care. I gave her my number and told her to have the owner contact me. At 1:20pm there still wasn't a call back, so I called and she answered again. I again told her to have the owner get in touch with me. At 4:40pm I still had no returned call so I called again figuring that there had been a shift change and I was right. I explained to the nice lady that this was my 3rd time of trying to get in contact with the owner and he had better contact me today. About 20 minutes later my phone rang and it was the owner. I explained my disgust to him about the service that I received out of the day manager. He apologized and offered me a free night stay voucher with his hotel. I told him, no offense but I would never stay at the hotel again because of the treatment I received. He explained that he had 4 different hotels and would send a voucher for a stay. That hasn't made it either and its been 2 weeks. I will NEVER stay in ANY of his hotels and I will ask to make sure that they aren't affiliated. I gave you a chance by contacting you and letting you smooth everything over but evidently you really don't care either. We will return to Branson and will spend our money elsewhere

3 Thank PCFD203
Moore, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

For the price we booked the hotel for we figured it would be mediocre. They could have easily charged a lot more. The beds were comfortable, consisting of pillow top mattress and fluffy pillows. The rooms were a little larger than the average motel room and they had pretty big flat screen tv. The breakfast room was a little crowded but for a free breakfast you can't beat, cereal, pancakes, waffles, biscuits and gravy and eggs, and coffee, juice, milk, etc... WiFi was really slow. All staff I had come across were really nice and helpful. Attractions and great eating establishments and IMAX theatre very close. Perfect spot!

1 Thank Angiemac01
Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stayed at AmazeInn this past weekend in Branson. Rooms were very clean and large too. Extremely comfortable bed. Not alot of selection on the TV, but who comes to Branson to sit around a motel room anyway? Fairly quiet although any motel you stay at in town is going to have families with excited squealing kids! Pool was very nice. I didn't get in but my grandsons enjoyed it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Bruce L
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Anytime I go to Branson, the AmazInn is the place to stay. Super friendly staff and great location. Rooms are always exceptionally clean. Love this place! The beds are fantastic. I'm really picky when it comes cleanliness and comfort of the mattress, and they have some of the best!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends