“Great beds, so-so breakfast”

Angel Inn - Near IMAX
Ranked #69 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I stayed in this hotel recently with a companion, and we were pleased with our room. Very clean, super comfy beds. although the wallpaper was old and peeling in areas, and the bowl of our vanity was cracked. And what about that funky soap dispenser in the shower!!!!! Tried to use it and there was almost no soap, even after the maid had been in to clean the room! But we had a good sleep each night we stayed, only to wake up to an indifferent breakfast. We had to fight hoards to get what we could, which was bare-bones compared to other breakfasts we have had at Branson hotels. Both days, the juice dispenser dispensed something that looked like orange juice, but tasted like sour water, and there was no meat of any kind offered. I read where the manager explained that this was due to the fact that the health department required a commercial kitchen, but we have eaten in smaller rooms, and they have been able to offer meats as an option. So it can be done, are you watching expenses? Breakfasts are one of the cheaper meals you can offer your guests. And the pancake machine, please. I could have made two waffles in the time that it took to make two dinky cakes. But the coffee was good, LOL. I don't mean to stress the importance of breakfast, but I sometimes only eat one or two meals a day on the road, and I pick hotels that can offer a good start to the day. That should be part of the price, as no hotel is cheap anymore, and there are many many competitors in your location, one that offers an excellent breakfast. I also agree with the poster immediately before me that said that the hostess did not hurry to refill individual items as she should have. She also did not clean the area either. I saw coffee spills on the floor that went unattended, and this could have lead to a guest slipping and hurting him or herself. Please, work on just this one thing, and I guarantee you, you will have lots of happier guests that will come back again and again. Like I would have, but I guess it's my old stomping grounds for me.

Room Tip: If you want to save a little money and don't mind climbing stairs, book a room on the second flo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
JPayneBranson, General Manager at Angel Inn - Near IMAX, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the feedback from your visit with us. I am pleased you enjoyed our new luxury therapeutic pillow top mattresses. Our complimentary extended continental breakfasts is one of our more popular amenities. As such it can be busy in the mornings which is why we have an over flow breakfast area for our busy seasons. There is a wide selection of options available on our breakfast bar. Each morning there is fresh fruit, homemade donuts, hard boiled eggs, whole and white breads, regular and blueberry bagels, tropical fruit, hot and cold cereals along with our 100% juices. Our hotcake machine is our new addition this year. It produces fresh hotcakes in under two minutes. We have received good reviews from customers so far. I am disappointed we can't add you to that list. We have had the company that supplies our juice to adjust the mixing rate so there will be a more juicy taste. You are correct the Health Department does prevent us from serving meat with out a full service commercial kitchen. As you mentioned our breakfasts area can get full during the busy season, which does make space a premium. Amazinn & Suites strives to provide extended amenities at an economical price. Since your stay our breakfast person is no longer with us. I regret her service was not up to our standards during your visit, corrective measures have been taken. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

The room was spacious and clean, the beds very comfortable, and the hotel was in an excellent location. My only criticisms are: the odd placement of the soap dispenser inside the shower, lack of shampoo and other toiletries and a less than impressive breakfast. People were backed up for the pancake maker, which took too long and turned out surprisingly small pancakes. The breakfast area was nice but the attendant didn't keep the options stocked as they ran out.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent visit. I am pleased you enjoyed our new luxury therapeutic pillow top mattresses and our high cleanliness standards. The soap dispenser that we provide allows guests to use the amount of soap they need instead of being limited to a small shampoo or body wash container. Our rooms are provided with the standard toiletries as is the industry standard. You are correct our hotcake machines has been very popular this year. It is the next generation of the old standard waffles. The machine produces a hotcake on demand in under two minutes, half of the normal four minutes waffles usually take. In regards to the breakfasts attendant during your visit, that person is not with us today. I regret it she didn't preform at the standard you have come to expect from the Amazinn & Suites. Corrective measures have been taken to fix the situation. We look forward to welcoming you back next season.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stay here every time we stay in Branson, Mo. The hotel is very clean, the beds are pillow top and real comfy, and it also has an excellent breakfast included in the price. The desk clerks are very friendly and helpful. Thanks for an excellent facility!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
JPayneBranson, General Manager at Angel Inn - Near IMAX, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent visit with us. I agree we have some of the best mattresses in Branson. Each room has new luxury therapeutic doctor's choice pillow top mattresses. On your next visit remind us you are a repeat guest, as it will qualify you for our better discounts.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had two rooms. One for my wife and me and the other for my daughter and her family. The room for my daughter had three queen size beds that worked out great for her, her husband, two sons in college and a middle school daughter. Cheaper than two rooms and the parents got to spend some quality time with the family.

Located on Shepard of the Hills Blvd close to 76 country road. There is a road behind the motel that leads to Cracker Barrel, Golden Corral, and Taco Bell without having to get on the high traffic streets.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking time to review your stay at Amazinn & Suites. Since our rooms are four feet by four feet larger than competitor hotels, we are able to offer rooms with three queen sized. This is very economical for families and miniature reunions. With our hotel on the four lane Expressway it makes our hotel easy to get in and out of. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Branson.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We had a 3 Q room, the one next to window with hardly any leg room; pillows were warped and small, even when we asked for extra; no separate soap--confined to using a dispenser for bath & hair; the heat without option for continual fan is not good; breakfast was mostly carbs--bagels, doughnuts, pancakes...no juice. The "scrambled" eggs, only source of protein (small pancake-like eggs) had bad and artificial flavor. I think we'll be able to find something more pleasant next time, like Branson West's "Shady Acres" which, unfortunately was full.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I regret you have that opinion of our hotel. Our rooms are four feet by four feet larger than our competitors rooms. This gives us the extra space to put a third bed in some of our rooms. I regret you had moved the bed which cramped the leg room. Our heating units are energy efficient units, that like home units, have thermostats that turn the unit on and off when the desired temperature is reached. I am very surprised to hear about your comment on breakfast. We provide three different juice options; orange juice, apple juice, and cranberry juice. The dispenser is located with all the other breakfast items and run during the breakfast hours. Along with the juices we provide luxury decaf and regular coffee, hot tea, and hot chocolate. I am disappointed you missed them. We also have a breakfast attendant that is more than happy to help guests locate certain breakfast items. Our scrambled egg patties are 100% real eggs. In past comment cards guests have requested more manageable portion sizes. In order to provide this we cook them into rounds. This also helps in serving them. I regret you were under the impression the were imitation eggs. On your next visit to Branson we would be happy to welcome you back should you desire a hotel close to all the attractions and theaters in Branson.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Since the Hampton was full, the desk there suggested this place as an option. My wife booked it site unseen and we were pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, noise was limited and could walk to shops and restaurants in the area. The breakfast was decent and the price was well below what we had been paying on our trip. The only negative I can state is that I kept getting kicked off the internet.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
JPayneBranson, General Manager at Angel Inn - Near IMAX, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

I am pleased we exceeded your expectations. All of our rooms have concrete ceilings, floors, and walls. This helps suppress sound from room to room. Our free wifi interest is listed as a public internet. I have found some devices with higher security do have some issues with the public network. You can always bring your device to the front desk and we can help you stay connected. Next visit with us, be sure to let us know you are a repeat guest as it will quilify you for our better discounts.

Daniel H.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Excellent location, rooms, and staff. It's an easy in and out and convenient to all the theaters, restaurants, shopping, Silver Dollar City, and Table Rock Lake. I highly recommend Amazinn & Suites for your Branson stay.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thanks for reviewing your stay at Amazinn & Suites. Amazinn & Suites is one of the closest hotels to Silver Dollar City. We also offer Season Pass discounts along with repeat guest rates. Our four lane expressway in front of the hotel offers great access in and out. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.