“they are very talented, but......................”

Jim Stafford Theatre
Jim Stafford Show in Branson
Ranked #52 of 156 Concerts & Shows in Branson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Jim Stafford's Show is a wild ride of fun and laughter powered by the clever cogs and witty wheels spinning in Jim's innovative mind! You'll feel like a kid again as Jim performs incredible guitar pickin' and creates hilarious antics from everyday life - out of his mind...And in to your heart! Also appearing is Taylor Reed who will entertain you with his masterful illusions and magic tricks that will leave you amazed and entranced. This high energy show will delight those of all ages, making this a wonderful show for families Billy Dean's music career spans more than 25 years. He has had 11 top ten country singles, including 5 #1 hits: "I Miss Billy The Kid," "Somewhere In My Broken Heart," "If There Hadn't Been You," "You Don't Count The Cost," and "It's What I Do." During his career, he has been named Top New Male Vocalist by the Academy of Country Music and was awarded Song of the Year for "Somewhere In My Broken Heart."
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This not only reflects on Jim, but the whole town in general. The average age is about 80 and the average speed on the intersate close to here is about 25. This should be reversed. Drove up from Springfiled as accociate was looking for some country music and possibly a saloon type enviroment. What was discovered was Vegas for the aged. When looking to park, I asked an attendant where one can find good food and drinks prior to a show. He responded that good food is easy to find, but that Branson is not to keen on the drinking. Especially if the sun is still up. At that point, I should have taken the hint and turned back, but now it turned into a mission. We located a Gilley's which I knew had to have a bar. The place was packed. All in the front dining room.The bar was huge and completely empty. The bartender was super excited to see us. He stressed that he does not get many customers in the back and was happy to see somebody arrive that was not in a bus. It was only about 8:30PM, so I can see why he surprised. When asked for recommendations for a show that woudl be entertaining, he had a tough time as he could not think of any actual settings that my associate was seeking. He then suggested Jim Stafford's and stressed it is not what we are looking for, but will give you a tatse of Branson so you can decide when and if to come back. When I asked him where he goes for a night out, he stated Springfield. Went to Jim's and enjoyed what was a very family oriented show. Jim and his team are talented, but it was kinda like being at a bingo night at the local retirement home. After the show, we hit the road back to springfield airport at a blazing 9 miles per hour. I kept my left turn signal on all the way just to insure I would blend in with the traffic.

4  Thank amacwow

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I really liked Jim Stafford in his heyday, but he's over the hill now, and his show was boring. He stumbled along in his monologue and seemed to forget what was next. His voice is still good (if he wasn't lip syncing???). I would not go back again nor recommend this show.

1  Thank wacotx46
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I think we may have enjoyed this show better a number of years ago because on Thanksgiving night, was this the norm or was he just tired? He played well so maybe the playin' perked him up. He seemed awfully tired, compared to what I've seen on videos. Anyway, he is top professional and I recommend the show. He's got class. I'm glad he didn't linger forever and ever on the salute to veterans. It's nice to recognize them then return to the show.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Jim Stafford is a staple of Branson and the memories of many of the boomers out there. He has been good clean fun for years. I have seen then show a number of times and did enjoy some of the old schtick and lots of new. The show also features his extremely talented children as well. The theater is one of the older ones and certainly could use some updating but most of us go for the show....not what the theater does or does not offer.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is the 4th time we have been in Branson over the last 12 years and the 4th time we have seen Jim Stafford. Each time the show adds new things and yet keeps some of the old. He has such a great sense of humor and what a talented person. His daughter GiGi is a master at the piano and she performed as well. It was a great show and we enjoyed it once again. It's my husband's favorite show in Branson. As they say, "Laughter is the Best Medicine" and if you want to feel good, go see the show.

Thank MCCARTHY/PATRIC... M