“this show keeps you rolling”

Jim Stafford Theatre
Jim Stafford Show in Branson
Ranked #50 of 156 Concerts & Shows in Branson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Jim Stafford's Show is a wild ride of fun and laughter powered by the clever cogs and witty wheels spinning in Jim's innovative mind! You'll feel like a kid again as Jim performs incredible guitar pickin' and creates hilarious antics from everyday life - out of his mind...And in to your heart! Also appearing is Taylor Reed who will entertain you with his masterful illusions and magic tricks that will leave you amazed and entranced. This high energy show will delight those of all ages, making this a wonderful show for families Billy Dean's music career spans more than 25 years. He has had 11 top ten country singles, including 5 #1 hits: "I Miss Billy The Kid," "Somewhere In My Broken Heart," "If There Hadn't Been You," "You Don't Count The Cost," and "It's What I Do." During his career, he has been named Top New Male Vocalist by the Academy of Country Music and was awarded Song of the Year for "Somewhere In My Broken Heart."
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was a great classic comedy show...felt like we stepped in the past and yet he had some more modern things too. Very funny. He reminded me of Johnny Carson. He was very clever and witty and kept you laughing.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We saw his show several years ago and didn't hesitate to go back. Good, family friendly entertainment, lots of laughs. We would go again.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Based on some recommendations from some locals...We decided to Check out Jim Stafford Theatre on NYE. I thought it was Great. It never Dawned on me that he was the "I Dont like spiders and Snakes" guy till after we got inside the theatre... Or I probably wouldnt have bought tickets and went to the show. I vaguely remember that tune playing on the AM radio in my parents car..When we would go places when I was like 5 or 6...I liked it then....But now?

I looked around the room...Mostly an older crowd I noticed...I looked again....I was the Only Black person....I was sure I had made a mistake in my show selection...But it was too late now.

The lights Dimmed...Jim Started Playing...in the dark....All of a sudden...a Brilliant laser Beam shot out of nowhere...and a Spotlight shone on JIm...Highlighting his fantastic guitar playing, and the mood was set.

Jim is a fantastic entertainer, and it shows. He loves entertaining and it shows. His act is well polished or well worn, depending on your perspective. I totally enjoyed it though.

His Kids a 19 yr old Boy and 15 yr old girl are fantastic piano players and entertainers in their own rights also, and were an enjoyable addition to the show.

So I guess thats what I meant by Judgng a book by its cover, Had I read some of the other reviews on here first criticizing his act, or his theatre, or whatever, I probably wouldve passed, thinking his show wasnt for me...and I wouldve missed out on a great night of entertainment, by a great entertainer, and my mom wouldntve got a neat souvenier sequenced hat from the gift shop.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

We visited Branson in November 2012. We didn't have a lot of time but Jim's show was one of several that we attended. My husband was skeptical but some friends had recommended the show and we both ended up really enjoying it! It's a good clean show suitable for the whole family. It was nice that Jim seemed to make a special welcome to some of the smaller children and the wheelchair-bound folks in the front row. Jim's lovely wife and musical kids add to the show. My only complaint was that when the kids played their music it was much louder than the rest of the show- too loud.

Some of the reviews have complained about the theater and the material being "old". Granted, the theater isn't as new or fancy as some but that didn't matter to us - it was clean and comfortable. And I'm sure that if you attend these shows year after year you are bound to see/hear some of the same things. As first time Branson visitors with limited time and budget, we were pleased with our choice to attend Jim's show.

1  Thank trailgirl444
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Recently saw the Jim Stafford Christmas Show -- Jim is a true entertainer, through and through. His guitar playing is tops, and the bits/skits they did during the show were a lot of fun. The theater could use a remodeling - some of the seats were ripped, and the carpet near the stage was gross. But overall it was a good time, and well worth the money.