“A great little surprise on the "Strip" in Branson”

Grand Village Shops
Ranked #5 of 69 Shopping in Branson
More attraction details
Owner description: The Grand Village complex contains 26 shops, one of the state's largest Christmas Stores and two themed-restaurants.
Junction City, Kansas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A great little surprise on the "Strip" in Branson”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is a quaint little shopping area on 76 that consists of a bunch of small shops along the edges of a circular walking route that does not take very long to complete. The wife and I really enjoyed looking in all the stores. Some of the highlights for us were Peter Engler Woodcarving and Design ( I am a woodcarver so I loved this place) and the Mulberry Mill shop which on one side has lots of gourmet dips, spreads and other food items, many of them available to sample so there is lots of good grazing here. Look for the huge rocking chair in the middle of the village that is a really nice photo op.
I think this place is sort of a hidden gem on the "strip" and is really worth checking out. If you like to stroll and shop you will enjoy your time here.

2 Thank Danny M

39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great walk thru but too expensive..”
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

It was a nice shopping center with quant little shops, but it was too pricy for the items. The one hidden treasure was the Hard Luck Diner. The food was GREAT!

2 Thank ESPBennett
Zanesville,OH
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Little shopping oasis in the middle of town.”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This little shopping area does provide some unique shopping experiences that are not duplicated in most any other spot. There were actually some shops that a man could enjoy like a wood carving store, a clock shop and a leather goods store. I bought a handmade wallet. There are some eating spots including Mel's Hard Luck Diner. It is a relative compact area. The landscaping is very nice and it is a relaxing atmosphere. There are also shops for the ladies with all the soaps and potpourri. There is also a store that sells some kind of jewelry that cures all your ills. It is a nice spot that will not take up your whole day. This is a much more pleasant shopping spot as opposed to the "outlet mall". It is terraced and there are steps, but there are ramps. I am not sure if these might be too steep for a person in a wheelchair who did not have a companion.

Ames, Iowa
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Charming shopping experience”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Good variety of wonderful little shops set in a nicely landscaped court yard type area. Kringles Christmas shop was my favorite; they have just about anything Christmas-y you could possibly want and the prices were reasonable for the type of shopping, that being the classy boutique type. I also enjoyed the woodcarving shop, they had some truly beautiful pieces. I personally found Lori's soap shop rather annoying because I do not like being followed around by pushy sales people trying to get me to buy items. I'd rather wander at my leisure and, if I have a question, find someone to help me. I left that store without making a purchase where, had I felt comfortable just to wander and look, I probably would have bought some of the soaps. I did notice that some of the shops opened later than their website said so they could probably use to update their sites. All in all, a fun place and I would definitely go back.

1 Thank Susan S
Winchester, Illinois
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We found some great little shops in this village. Will definitely go back at Christmas time as there are several Christmas themed shops. A must see!

Visited June 2013