“Good show, but lacking live music makes a difference.”

Sight & Sound Theatres
Ranked #1 of 165 things to do in Branson
More attraction details
Owner description: Sight & Sound Theatres is the nation's largest Christian theatre company and one of the highest attended live theatres on the East Coast and in the Midwest. This inspiring family experience includes a majestic 2000-seat theatre, a massive 300-foot wrap-around stage, a professional cast, spectacular sets up to 40 feet high and a variety of live animals. Go back in time and witness the greatest stories of the Bible as they come to life right before your eyes!
Phoenix Arizona
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Good show, but lacking live music makes a difference.”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Jacob is an ambitious show with a good story, large cast, great sets and many live animals. We should have liked it more, but the lack of live music hurts the production. Without the great sets and the animals, it would more like a college production than a broadway play that it aspires to be. Because of the story it is a great family show and great for children and adolescents, but if you've seen shows on. Broadway or the West End, not so much. The Sight and Sound theater is lovely and very comfortable.

Herndon, Virginia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Technical Brilliance...but that's it.”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The Sight & Sound Theatre is by far the most elaborate theatre in Branson. From the time you walk into the lobby to the time the show is over, you can tell that so much money has been poured into this theater. It's a shame that the people don't match that effort. The parking attendants looked sour when we drove up; I felt like I was troubling them just being there. Nice first impression, team! The girl at the ticket counter was nice, but the concession stand was another story. We had just rushed over from a dinner show where my kids didn't like the food so no problem- I would get them some popcorn at Joseph (Sight & Sound). The girl proudly told me, "We don't serve popcorn in our theater." Seriously? We were almost late as it was, and she made me mad the way she told me that so we just didn't get anything.

We found our seats- horrible! They would have been fine but there was a lady with huge hair right in front of me; it was like watching a production with a basketball in front of your face. I have been in many theaters in Branson and not had this problem...maybe the seats are at more of an incline? I thought that with all the brilliance of this building, they couldn't create better seating? Disappointment.

Back to the concession stand at intermission- can't fault the kids for being hungry still! Second try...at this point, I had been all over Branson using my credit card never having once been asked for my id. Not at the Sight & Sound! Get that id out because they want to make sure you're not cheating them...at a show where everyone there has voluntarily shown up to learn more about, yes, the Bible! Do they really have a lot of credit card scam there?

On the up side, the performance was technically brilliant, and I've never seen a theater as impressive as this one in that area. Loved the live animals and how the actors used the aisles to enter and exit too. But I won't be back to the Sight & Sound unless someone in my group is adamant. It was hands down my worst experience in a theater in Branson, and that's a shame.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank CharAtt
sightsoundtheatres, Public Relations Manager at Sight & Sound Theatres, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent visit to Sight & Sound Theatres. We are very sorry that the situation you encountered did not allow your experience to meet your expectations. We are always appreciative of guests' feedback as it assists us in consistently enhancing our experience.

We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your situation with you in more detail if you would be willing to contact us directly. If you complete the contact form on our website a customer service representative will call you.

Thank you!
Dallas, Texas
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Good Show For The Value”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is a good family show with quality production. Compare to the Broadway musicals, this is a good value as well. Of course the story is about Joseph, from the bible, the Jewish prophet who was sold into slavery in Egypt, but rose to be the second in command. The show time could be a bit long for small children, nonetheless it's a good show regardless your belief in religion.

1 Thank Swane38
Garland, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Bible Joeseph”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Best in Branson , seating was awesome for handicapped , show was great , scenery was awesome , acting was great , touched our hearts , traffic on 76 was bad 2 lanes

Jenks, OK
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great venue”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Went to see the musical "Joseph" and we really liked it. The presentation was excellent and the venue itself is so awesome. Beautiful place and plenty of handicap parking up front. Clean theater and restrooms were spotless. Highly recommend this place. We will be back.