“True talent”

SIX - Live Entertainment in Branson
Ranked #4 of 156 Concerts & Shows in Branson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: SIX®, a contemporary vocal band on power-mode, features six real brothers, Barry, Kevin, Lynn, Jak, Owen and Curtis, who take musical entertainment to a whole new level. Critically acclaimed and dubbed as "an orchestra of human voices" and "masters of showmanship", these multi-talented brothers sound like a band using only their mouths. These pioneers of a cappella are six of ten Knudsen brothers who have been singing contemporary a cappella with incredible beatbox vocals and harmonizing since they were children, over 40 years in total. Their television debut in 1978 was on The Osmond Brothers Special where they performed alongside singing legends Crystal Gayle, Andy Gibb, and Bob Hope. The brothers turned their passion into a full-time career in 1995, going from singing on the streets of Los Angeles to headlining sold-out venues. SIX has since shared the stage with such famous names as Trisha Yearwood, Diana Ross, the Beach Boys, Olivia Newton John, Rod Stewart and The Doobie Brothers. Infusing lively choreography and dysfunctional family comedy into the show as only brothers can do, they perform everything from contemporary pop to R&B to classic rock ‘n’ roll to doo-wop to gospel to patriotic. They currently perform as a top-rated show in the live music capital of the world, Branson, Missouri. SIX not only continues to push the envelope, always adding new material that's fresh, unique and unexpected, but also continues to amaze audiences with their ability to consistently deliver powerhouse vocals, impeccable harmonies, and unparalleled high-end, professional production. Once you experience it, you will understand the power of SIX!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I attended a Six concert with my parents. We were all impressed with the talent of this family act. It was entertaining, but they didn't go over-the-top with cheesy sets and costumes like many other Branson shows, which I appreciated. They sang a variety of crowd pleasing songs and my family was amazed by their vocal abilities. They sound like they are accompanied by a full multi-piece band, but it is all a capella vocalization. They worked in humor throughout their show, some of which was super-corny, but overall very entertaining. I think they could benefit from some help from a comedy writer on some of their schticks.

I'm not a huge country music fan and only go to Branson because my dad loves it. So, a show like Six is a good option if you're not really crazy about the over-produced fakey music extravaganzas.

1  Thank BuildingHugger
Write a ReviewReviews (3,487)

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Very entertaining for all ages, my older boys 16 and 13, liked it alot! SIX performed songs they knew and my kids want to go back every year!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

These guys are really talented. We decided to see this show last minute, and were really glad we went. We saw a couple of shows in town that weren't so great, so we getting a little discouraged. But we heard this was a good one, so decided to get tickets at the last minute. Great vocals, and they have a lot of personality on stage. My only complaint was the line for the bathrooms at intermission. Seems like they should have bigger bathrooms for such a big theatre. That was only a small problem though. We LOVED these guys! Great acapella group, with a really interesting show. There is a nice combination of music, comedy, and a little bit of choreography. They film the show and you can buy a DVD of the performance at the end. I thought that was a really cool idea. I would recommend SIX to anyone travelling to Branson. We are taking another trip this year, and plan to go back.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This show was even better than I expected. We went to the Christmas show in November and it was fabulous. The fact that they do all the music and instruments with their voices is just amazing to witness. I would highly recommend this show in Branson.

2  Thank dillyma
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The show was spellbounding. We were told over and over not to miss this show, one of many great shows to be seen at Branson, and this one was one of the best. The cast carries 'harmony' to a new level.

Been to SIX? Share your experiences!