“Don't miss this!!!”

The Shepherd Of The Hills
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: This family-owned attraction features the famous outdoor theatre where guests are transported back to the late 1800's and into the lives of the pioneers who settled this rugged area of Southwest Missouri. Based on Harold Bell Wright's bestselling book the show just finished it's 58th season. The Shepherd of the Hills is a time tested favorite for all ages. During the day you can discover the views from Inspiration Tower or take an excursion on our ATV's. In November and December Old Matt's Historic Homestead is transformed into a magical Christmas wonderland. The Trail of Lights is an animated, musical drive-thru of lights, sound and motion and is open 7 nights a week. There are millions of twinkling lights and animated displays that celebrate everything from the whimsical to beautiful displays celebrating the true meaning of Christmas. Come enjoy the most wonderful time of the year with us!
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Everyone comes to Branson to see the music shows which are usually great, but don't leave without seeing this show. It put Branson on the map years ago. I really hope it doesn't shut down. Research the history of the Bald Knobbers before you go & tour Old Matt's cabin to get the feel of the history of the Ozarks. Harold Bell Wrights book started the whole Branson Tourism & now it's shutting down. Everyone want to see music shows.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is written STRICTLY for the management/owners of Shepherd of the Hills. I don't know how I can put enough of my feeling into this but simply put you just can't close down!!!! My parents came here on their honeymoon 29 years ago and through the years my whole family has come here numerous times. Now my husband has just been waiting for his chance to see the much talked about outdoor drama... and now we found out it is closing!!!! What would it take to keep going? Is it a financial issue? I know the founder is sick, but there is by far enough enthusiasm from others to keep it going. If it's a financial issue I and all my extended family and many others across the globe would gladly pay much, much more than you've previously been charging to see this piece of history come alive. Please, please reconsider. As far as we're concerned there is nothing else in all of North America that comes close to the feel of The Shepherd of the Hills.....

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We went to the play on Thursday night October 10 2013, because we heard they were closing down after 53 years. It had been awhile since we had seen the show. It is a really good outdoor play about the history of the Branson area. The original book was written by Harold Bell Wright. The play was really good, we had really good seats. The young man that play Ollie was giving his preach about Sammy Lane not wanting him, made the comment he couldn't understand why she didn't want him, some lady in the audience yell out I'll take you, he loss his train of thought and starting laughing. It made the play. If you have not seen the play, you are missing out. It is a shame it is closing for good.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Large cast, interesting story, nice setting. Worthwhile. We went in Sept, the weather was perfect for an outdoor evening experience.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was our 4th trip to Branson and look forward to returning .We live in Colorado met a couple from Alabama ,Pat and Norma are related and had not seen each other in 45 years we 4 stayed at Yellow Rose Resort .We went to 4 evening shows played cards by the pool and got acquainted under the gazebo . Went to Work U campus walked some of the campus and the museum , another day went to Lamberts restaurant in Ozark for lunch . We all said we would return to the Yellow Rose which had a very good breakfast .