“HORRIBLE HORRIBLE EMPLOYEES!!!”

Silver Dollar City
Ranked #5 of 167 things to do in Branson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Branson's #1 attraction for over 50 years, Silver Dollar City features six world-class festivals, 30 thrilling rides & attractions, 40 live shows daily, 60 unique shops, a dozen family restaurants and over 100 demonstrating craftsmen.
averygracesmom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“HORRIBLE HORRIBLE EMPLOYEES!!!”
Reviewed December 20, 2008

This place has the most horrible employees, they made our trip a very bad experience!! We had to go to guest relations, there were about 50 people in line and 2 people working as slow as they could, they rudely asked us to close the door because they were getting cold. These people must get no training at all!!! They are horrible. STAY AWAY!!!!

4 Thank averygracesmom

• Thai first
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 216 helpful votes
“We had a great time!”
Reviewed December 19, 2008

December 13th we went to Silver Dollar City. This was both my and my wife's first time at SDC since we were young and our son's first time. I am so glad I read advice to avoid Saturday. We had no problems getting in and the lines were not long. I will say the parking and tram rides are confusing. This was especially so when leaving the park.

The place was beautiful with Christmas lights. I love how SDC has tried to keep as many trees as possible. We took our son to the young children's section and I rode the flying bugs and hopping frog rides with him. He had a blast and would start crying when we had to get off. We went to the Frosty show and he intently stared at Frosty the whole time LOL. He probably thought it was real. We also went to the tree lighting ceremony.

We enjoyed our dinner of skillet meals with sausage and watched the parade. Yummm! The food was excellent, especially for a theme park. I also love how they cook the food in big skillets with the windows open! We rode the train after it became dark. What an enjoyable experience! We stopped at "Grandpa's" place and heard his story. I thought it was very well done.

Unfortunately, the temperature dropped severely while we were at SDC and we had to head out early. It also started raining. We hope to go back next year.

3 Thank Cruise,J.D.
USA
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“My favorite amusement park!”
Reviewed December 10, 2008

I have gone to Silver Dollar City all my life. This place make me feel completely at ease and comfortable. The rides are fantastic, its clean, not crowded, considerably cheap, and much cooler (temp wise) than most other amusement parks due to the large trees.
My grandparents have taken since I was a very small child. My last trip there was on my honeymoon. My husband had never heard of the place, outside of what I told him, and I knew that he would enjoy it. It is now OUR favorite amusement park.

The only downside I can see to Silver Dollar City is that it has spoiled me. I feel COMPLETELY uncomfortable and irritable at other amusement parks with their HUGE lines, rude attendees and staff, and lack of shade. To me all other places are overpriced and overrated. Silver Dollar City remains a wonderfully kept hidden jem. I hope to someday take my children to enjoy the experience as well.

1 Thank HappyCamper03
tx
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to visit when your in Missouri!!!”
Reviewed November 29, 2008

This attraction is a great theme park to visit. When you first walk in the workers greet you and are dressed up in old country clothing. Its Great. The country scene is seen throughout the park and gives people a remider of their childhood. Now to the rides. There are quite a couple a thrill rides that are so fun. For example, the powder keg was the best ride there in my opinon.It starts off fast and goes into a big drop.it was an adrenaline rush. I reccomend this park for anybody who wants to have a good time.

1 Thank Travel_Girl_0015
Pennsylvania
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 178 helpful votes
“SDC Christmas Event - Great fun!”
Reviewed November 10, 2008

We went to Silver Dollar City on Saturday, November 8th and had a great time! The weather was very cold to the point where Powder Keg and WildFire had to shut down, but we did manage to ride both of these in the morning. If planning a visit during the park's Christmas festivities, note that some of the rides will close if the temperature dips below 40 degrees. We had a buffet lunch at Molly's Mill restaurant which was very good. When it gets dark, the park looks fantastic! I've never seen such an amazing display of Christmas lights anywhere, including Dollywood, the Disney parks, HersheyPark's Christmas Candyland, etc. Many of the park guests go to Silver Dollar City for the shows, so the ride lines were not bad at all. We did see the Dickens Christmas show in the Opera House which was excellent!! This was one of the best shows I have seen in a theme park. We bought the 'Show Lover's Pass' at the front of the park for $10, where you can show up 5 minutes before the show and be seated up front. This is the park's big show, so apparently people line up an hour in advance for a seat!! Note that we saw the second to last show and it looked like there were several rows empty in the rear of the theatre so it might be worth waiting. This is a great park without the Christmas theme, and even better with it, creating a wonderful atmosphere. Highly recommended!!!

3 Thank Thrillrider