“Awesome during Christmas season”
Review of Silver Dollar City

Silver Dollar City
Ranked #28 of 173 things to do in Branson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Branson's #1 attraction for over 50 years, Silver Dollar City features six world-class festivals, 30 thrilling rides & attractions, 40 live shows daily, 60 unique shops, a dozen family restaurants and over 100 demonstrating craftsmen.
Reviewed December 27, 2013

SDC is a great place to go during any season, they go all out for the occasion. During the month of December they're running a special on Thursday and Fridays for 35.00 plus tax, which is a great deal. Open from 1-9pm, however they did extend an hour til 10pm. I love the old time stores and craftsmen that weld things and the glass blowers. There are tons of things for kids to do as well as adults. The shows are really something! Very talented performers. Towards the end of the day the lines grew longer. I waited 45 min to get into the saloon show at 6pm. The show was okay, if i would've known what it was I would've skipped. The Christmas carol show was fantastic, great talent and awesome stage props.
Definitely buy a souvenir cup-11.99- if you plan on being there all day. Refills are only 1.75!
Food- I chose to dine at a buffet that had the holiday meal-15.99, drink included. The food was amazing! It didn't taste like amusement park food at all. Why do a 10.00 burger when you can do all you can eat buffet with tons of choices for just $5 more!?

Write a ReviewReviews (9,131)
All reviews
in 113 reviews
"cave tour"
in 237 reviews

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We are long time season pass owners and have never regretted buying a seadon pass. The place is family friendly, spotless, and just loads of fun. The Honestead Pickers are my favorite spot.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I couldn't imagine a better place to get one in the Christmas spirit! We visited the weekend before Thanksgiving when even frigid temps couldn't spoil the fun. Many rides were closed (Outlaw Run did manage to open long enough for one very chilly ride!) but there was no shortage of entertainment. A few of the indoor rides run regardless of the weather, as do some of the smaller rides in the Grand Exposition. The real draw, however, are the lights and shows unique to the season. The entire park sparkles with led light displays. And the themed shows are spectacular.
We are not show people by any means, and in seven years of visiting Branson have seen a grand total of one show on the world-famous strip. We enjoyed immensely the Living Nativity, Christmas Carol, and It's a Wonderful Life. If you are headed to the park this season be sure to catch the nighttime parade as it is in its final season. The food is out of this world. We loved the new pizza restaurant. And the sweet potato kettle chips with marshmallow sauce are a new favorite.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

I visited the park a couple days ago when it was very cold. Due to this, most of the rides were closed, so I didn't get to ride any of them, but there were plenty of shows to keep me entertained. In fact, I didn't get to see them all so I will be back to see the others. Since it was Christmas time, the lights at the end were great to see. Due to the cold and wetness, the evening parade was cancelled also. I highly recommend the cave tour. It was very interesting and one of the highlights of the day. The show "It's a Wonderful Life" was a great show and I highly recommend. Finally, this park had some of the best food! For $15, I had the miner's buffet, which included salad, meat and vegetables, drinks and desserts. It was all very good and affordable, especially considering it was theme park food. I highly recommend this park for a day of fun for all!

See more reviews
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Warning! We visited in 1996 > Trip Advisor wouldn't let me submit a review without a 2013 date > This is not a timely or pertinent review but when I realized that SDC was still in operation I had to share my experiences. We are Theme Park junkies. We've attended all of them but our best memories are with SDC. What a wonderful amusement park! Everyone was so friendly and accommodating. The park was clean and had amazing shops, eateries and rides. We visited this park in June of 1996, yes that long ago. I was pregnant at the time so couldn't ride any rides. They sure looked fun though. The best memory was that they let us bring Rugby, our Old English Sheepdog, into the park! I think if we were not able to bring him along we would have not spent the time or $$ to visit the park. Our dog ended up being the main attraction for the other park guests. We could hardly walk without 8 to 10 kids and adults following us or stopping to visit our furry companion as we slowly worked our way around the park. So much fun and we'd take turns going into shops, etc. What a memory! Unfortunately I see the park now only allows service dogs. How sad. Note to the parks' policy makers: it was a wonderful time and honestly we would not have gone if our dog had not been considered a welcome guest as well. Thank you SDC for this memory we'll keep with us the rest of our lives.