“Silver Dollar City Christmas”
Review of Silver Dollar City

Silver Dollar City
Ranked #4 of 174 things to do in Branson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Branson's #1 attraction for over 50 years, Silver Dollar City features six world-class festivals, 30 thrilling rides & attractions, 40 live shows daily, 60 unique shops, a dozen family restaurants and over 100 demonstrating craftsmen.
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We went to Branson to see the Christmas shows and the light show at Silver Dollar City. If you have children and you love Christmas Branson is the place to go. You will never see Christmas lights and decorations anywhere like Silver Dollar City. The restaurants are excellent too. I highly recommend going.

1  Thank Harry47087
Write a ReviewReviews (9,018)

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

This was the first I went to Silver Dollar City for the Christmas festival. I so glad I did! Go at night. You will be rewarded with beautiful and amazing amounts of lights and pageantry. For those used to theme parks similar to Six Flags, prepare to be amazed. The park is cleaner, friendlier, more wholesome and less "commercial". It was a great time. I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We enjoyed Silver Dollar City so much! Haven't been there in several years & we loved all the new rides! The shows were amazing!! Could not have spent our $$$ better !!! Will return soon!!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

This is our 7th annual trek to Branson with dear friends for Veteran's Day and we come other times of the year as well. But, this is the best time of the year. We love the patriotism shown and
we love the Christmas shows starting so early in November. Yes, Silver Dollar City was crowded, which is a testimony to the quality of the park, entertainment, shops, food, etc., etc. Dickens Christmas Carol is the best I've ever seen in my life and I've seen it all over the country. It's a "must see" every year for us and our friends. It's a Wonderful Life is becoming the same to us. We love the Christian atmosphere that is displayed everywhere in Branson. The cost to get into SDC is so minimal for the beautiful and warm experience you have there.... We love the shop keepers and all the workers as they are so friendly and helpful. It's truly the heartland of this country. I'll be bringing a professional tour group back all next week, but this week is just ours for vacation. The folks at the Branson Tourism Center are wonderful to work with. I feel like I know everyone I talk to there. For shopping, eating, entertainment, relaxation,
hospitality and that warm down home feeling it's Branson for me!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

This year instead of using the free parking lots provided we opted to pay $12.00 for parking so we were closer to the entrance and wouldn't need to wait on the trolley that can get a bit hairy to get on if you aren't an aggressive person. People will mow you down to get a seat, or so was our experience in the past. And when I'm ready to leave, I don't want to wait on a trolley or someone to dictate when I can go as do the people at SDC in an attempt to let some of the traffic clear the area before they let another trolley depart for the parking lot. I would rather sit in my car to wait than to stand in another line. So it was worth the fee to park. The park was decorated beautifully and there was plenty to do. Buy your tickets at discount when possible to obtain considerable savings. I'm surprised that theme parks charge teens (12-18 yrs.) who are students, adult prices but we run into that a lot in our travels. Entry was quick and easy with advance tickets. Once in the park most everything but food and drinks and souvenirs are covered by your ticket. Bring your cameras, there's plenty to photograph throughout the park. We enjoyed the train ride, more for the scenic landscape than holiday decor. It would have been more appealing I'm sure after sundown when the lights would have been more prevalent. There was a lengthy line but don't let that discourage you. The line almost always empties within 20 minutes. However there is little seating in the waiting area. You have to park strollers before entering the line so be prepared to hold infants and toddlers who can get cranky without a snack or toy to keep them occupied. Wear a coat because it is not an enclosed train. We rode the roller coaster and obtained a photo for $20.00 since you aren't allowed to film for safety reasons aboard the coasters and rides. We got there shortly after 1pm when they opened and by time we walked the park to see the glass blowers and other craftsmen working, toured the shops, rode the train, it was time for the tree lighting and parade around 5:30. Everyone gathers on the square and lines the street within the park for a front row seat. The tree is 5 stories tall and quite a light show. The parade isn't too long but is very nice with lighted floats and toy soldiers and street performers in winter costumes. Unfortunately by then we were worn out and left but others said the plays were fantastic. Sorry we missed them but we had a great time. The pricing on gift items was high. There were many things I saw that I liked until I checked the price tag and knew I could get similar items much cheaper elsewhere which I later did for 1/3 of the cost. All in all with tickets, parking, pics at the Powder Keg and some brittle and fudge to take home we spent a little over $200.00 for 4 people. If you also want to tour the cave, there is an additional charge. Be prepared to do a lot of walking, quite a bit of which is uphill but there are plenty of places to stop to rest a moment. The park is beautifully decorated and you can move at a relaxed pace in a woodland setting. It was nice but expensive if people in your party don't ride the rides. SDC might reconsider offering another price to seniors that don't take advantage of the rides and only want to enjoy the scenery.

2  Thank Linda S