“Love this place !”

Silver Dollar City
Ranked #4 of 171 things to do in Branson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Branson's #1 attraction for over 50 years, Silver Dollar City features six world-class festivals, 30 thrilling rides & attractions, 40 live shows daily, 60 unique shops, a dozen family restaurants and over 100 demonstrating craftsmen.
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Wish we lived a little closer, I would buy season passes and go all the time. I love the shops and demonstrations. The kids like the rides, we like the entertainment and the old 1800's style shops and buildings. It is a great family attraction! A little pricey, but so much fun!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

My wife,and I have been to Silver Dollar City several times over the past few years and have always enjoyed our visit.
However our last visit was a little disappointing.
While most of the attractions were open and showing their trade (skills) They seemed very disinterested in what they were doing (just going through the motions)
The glass blowers were the worst.They did interact with the public, But seemed annoyed that people kept asking questions.
The Blacksmith's looked totally worn out and acted as if they wanted to go home (I can't blame them)
The candy shop was still making some short of brittle just like 10 years ago. Can't you guys make something else that does not take lot's of time!! Once agian the ladies making that brittle were just going thru the motions and acted like
The food offerings are now no different then other amusement park.With the exception of that awful veggie,meat mixture. I will openly admit that my wife and I do not go to eat the food.
I guess what I am trying to state is the fact that the park is showing it's age as is Branson itself.
I am not saying that this area needs to reinvent itself,it just needs to take care of those {employees) who make this park hum!!

Silver Dollar City use to be so different from Six Flags,Worlds of fun,ect.
I know that Silver Dollar City was not orginally built with thrill rides as a major draw,But come on, with exception of the new roller coster everything is old!!!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Huge attention to detail, authentic and captivating theme park. Loved the history, food, crafts, gardens and rides.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have become a real fan of Silver Dollar City over the last two years. This year we even purchased season tickets and planned multiple trips from 7 hours away because we absolutely love visiting. First of all everyone we meet is absolutely fantastic. Our first time to SDC we called ahead because our son is visually impaired and we were hoping to get closer to the stage for the KidsFest shows. The staff was very accomodating and worked to provide our son with the best possible experience. This past weekend we returned for our son's birthday and it was absolutely packed. It was so busy that we really weren't having a lot of fun and then one of the ride staff for the PowderKeg came over and told us it was temporarily down, she must of seen how sad my son was as she gave him a pass to go through to the front of the line when it opened back up. Also in talking with us she found out it was my son's birthday. She brought him back a ribbon to wear the remainder of the day. He was so happy from that point on because at almost every ride they made special recognition of his birthday. At the Giant Barn Swing the operator even had everyone sing Happy Birthday! It is great experiences from great people like this that make my whole family want to come back every year.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I go to SDC quite often. I always get at least 2 days for the price of one, which seems to be the standard way that pre-sellers sell the tickets. I could not possibly be able to fit it all in.
Here's how I make my trip a success:
Their food and drinks are so amazingly expensive. I have my own refillable cup that I splurged and bought and I can buy coffee, hot chocolate, or lemonade for steeply discounted prices. I won't pay for soda or water, there are many fountains throughout the park. I bring a backpack to stock with snacks. I don't go to the restaurants as they just churn out frozen food. If you notice, all the restaurants tend to have the same thing.
I only go on festival days. The unique festivals through out the year help make this park stand-out. On non festival days there are not enough shows to go around, and I could care less for rides.
I see the Echo Hollow show. I paid for it, why not. Plus, when the rides close down there is a mad dash for the exit. I can just casually stroll through the gift shop at the end and get on the first tram. No problem!
I arrive at least 30 minutes before opening. That way, I can park right next to the tram pick up in the free area. Plus, with my pre purchased vouchers, I skip all those long lines at entrance!

Just a few little things to make this park better and not have to deal with the hassle!