Book In Advance

from $38.50
from $28.50
from $43.00
10,068 results
All reviews amusement park water rides outlaw run powder keg roller coaster glass blowing six flags world fest echo hollow christmas lights funnel cake christmas carol all ages season pass marvel cave great park cave tour
Reviewed today via mobile

Let me first start off staying that this trip started as a mom/daughter annual trip in November while the guys were hunting. Our first year experiencing the Old Time Christmas was 1993. A lot has changed since then but overall the experience has always been wonderful.
The Pros:
The parking is FREE. There are shuttles to pick you up from the numbered STOP location at each lot. Just remember what lot you are on for when you depart the park you catch the correct shuttle back to your vehicle.

Upon arrival to entrance to park if you need tickets, go to the right of the gianormous Christmas wreath, if you already purchased tickets AND they are printed out, go to the left side of the wreath. Prior to your ticket getting scanned, you are greeted by friendly security to check your bags for prohibited items. Please check the SDC website for a list of items not allowed.

If you are a season ticket holder, be sure to have ID ready to show proof of identity. Children who are able to recall their DOB, will be asked this question.

Now to the good stuff...
The bakery shop is located on your left as you navigate through to the main part of the park (Huge Christmas tree). The bakery had eclairs and big cinnamon rolls that are to die for. All bakery items made fresh daily. You can place an order at the beginning of your visit and pick up upon departure from the park. This is recommend since they do sell out.

The park is impressively decorated in over 6 million Christmas lights (this process started in July in order to be ready for November). There are many opportunities to get family photos with all the decorated trees, gingerbread status, holiday backgrounds located all over.

THE RIDES:
The rides are awesome! Enough said. The rollercoasters all offer something unique setting each one apart from the other.

THE SHOPPING:
If you decide to make purchases, you are able to have your items sent to the pick up window located at the front of the park upon departure, last building before exciting the park. This way you do not have to worry about caring items all over the place. There are exceptions to this rule. Hazel's blown glass shop will hold your items for pick up from their shop by 830pm, park closes at 9pm. I do recommend the Pottery shop. Local handmade pottery you won't find anywhere. I have a huge collection over the years and get many compliments on it.

THE SHOWS:
Let me just say, that for"free" shows, these are next to none. It's a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Carole are by far well worth the wait. Excellent in every way. The Opera House where Christmas Carole is performed) does not offer a concession stand and is a smaller capacity than the other theatre (It's a Wonderful Life is performed) the capacity of this building hold 900 and does have a concession stand.
They're are multiple kids does also but I have not seen one in years since my kids are older.

THE STAFF:
The staff, workers, performers address very friendly and personable. They are helpful and give direction well.

A special shout out to Clarence Peabody(Santa's helper). We have made a point to say hello to him every annual visit. Very friendly and makes our visit to see Santa special.

SANTA:
Santa's workshop offers a cookie decorating, an address to write a letter to Santa and mail it in the red mailbox. You can get pictures with various charcters and they even let you take your own pictures if you do not want to purchase those offered upon exit of the workshop.

THE CONS:
There really aren't any major things to point out. The biggest one for us is there is no option to purchase a two day ticket at the window at the park. We always do 2 days at the park and even though they offer deals like entrance after 3pm get next day free is not what we are interested in. We had to go several places to find someone who would sell us 2 day tickets for $74/each instead of sitting thru a 90 minute presentation/sales pitch, to get the 2 day ticket for $20/each. Also, you have to have your see with you to do the presentation. Since this is a girls trip, this does not work for us anyway.

You needed to arrive about an hour before the show start time if you want a good seat.

If temps dip too low (these temps vary for each coaster) the rides shut down. So look at forecast before you purchase tickets.

The food, well, the tater twists and homemade chips are good. You can purchase a mug for cheap refills on drinks which I recommend. The mugs can hold hot chocolate too. Other than that, it is typical theme park quality with high prices. I do not recommend the Mine Restaurant, buffet style, high price, bland food, poor quality. Very disappointing. I expected better quality from SDC after all the other top quality experiences I have had there over the years. Come on SDC, get the food right.

I hope this review had been helpful. I know there is a lot I have not touched base on but these are some main tips to help plan your trip.

1  Thank mommaneedavacanow
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

We have been to Silverdollar City many times. This time, it was just the two of us. We enjoyed visiting in the fall due to the lack of crowds. This trip, it was our first time visiting Branson at the holiday season. The Christmas lights and displays were magical! We purchased the show lovers passes for the two main shows: “A Christmas Carol” and “It’s A Wonderful Life “. Well worth the money, as there were people that were turned away from each show. The show passes guarantee seats front and center for the production. We saw the Living Nativity, it was very well done. For dinner, we ate at the holiday buffet, it was above average. The Christmas parade was very charming and brief. We were unable to ride the train as the wait time was too long. We enjoyed the brand new roller coaster, the Time Traveller”.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

It was busier than I expected and rides were open on a mild November day. Shows were excellent but hard to get into.

Reviewed yesterday

We go to Branson from Jacksonville, Florida, every other year. We always look forward to the shows at Silver Dollar city. They are top-notch Broadway-style shows, featuring incredible music and talent. We always plan to see both shows at least twice during our visit. This year, the lights and all that they have added to midtown are just amazing. We just spent the day and evening yesterday, and we plan to go again tomorrow. By the way, we always purchase the show lovers pass. No lines and front row seating.

Reviewed 2 days ago

We spent an entire afternoon and evening at Silver Dollar City enjoying their CHRISTmas celebration. The lights are spectacular and the CHRISTmas parade topped off a great day. We so enjoyed the play The Dickens CHRISTmas Carol. This is one of the best stage plays I have ever seen. I feel like I'm ready for CHRISTmas!

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

This was my first trip during the park's holiday season. Pretty normal during the day but when dark comes, wow, the lights are spectacular. The park wasn't very busy and yjr rides had little to no wait time.

Reviewed 3 days ago

I have always loved SDC. I went last week and it was my first time seeing it decorated for Christmas and with all of the Christmas shows. It was beautiful! Their shows were spectacular and decorations were gorgeous. It is cold but worth it! I highly recommend this park anytime of the year. It is perfect for family fun or a day out with friends.

Reviewed 3 days ago

We have been coming for 30 years now and SDC is still as wonderful as before. We came down to see all the lights especially with the new additions. My 2 year old just loved them all and it was magical. I love how SDC honors our service men and women everyday not just on specific dates and do a little extra as it was Veteran's week in Branson. SDC does such an amazing job of keeping the park clean and trying to make sure you have a great time. The first night we went my daughter fell and cut her finger. An employee called their first aid team and a very nice gentleman came to where we were located. He was amazing with my daughter and made sure the cut wasn't infected and cleaned out. He even let her pick out a bandaid from a collection he brought for kids. It was such a small thing that made such a huge impact. It is things that this that remind my family why we continue to come here because the guests are part of the park and you take care of your own. We went back another night to see the parade as it was cancelled the first night we went due to rain and it was fantastic. We didn't get to ride some our favorite adult rides due to the lower temps and rain but the children's rides were open which made it for my daughter. Keep up the great work SDC! See you in the summer

Reviewed 3 days ago

SDC really knows how to celebrate the holidays. The lights are wonderful and it really puts you in the Christmas spirit.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Had a wonderful time at Silver Dollar City. Christmas lights were beautiful. Rode a couple of rides and saw some demonstrations. Are some food. The best part was the Christmas Carol. Beautiful performance props lights and stage people. Loved it. So much better than I imagined.