“Something For Everyone”

Silver Dollar City
Ranked #29 of 175 things to do in Branson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Branson's #1 attraction for over 50 years, Silver Dollar City features six world-class festivals, 30 thrilling rides & attractions, 40 live shows daily, 60 unique shops, a dozen family restaurants and over 100 demonstrating craftsmen.
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The place is BIG. The parking lots are located quite a distance from the park itself, so you either pay $12 for special parking, which is still far away or wait for a shuttle. We paid and walked. Then just as we got there, a shuttle arrived and all those people were ahead of us in line. Tickets are expensive--$62 per senior adult with tax. There are various shows within the park, but again it takes a lot of walking. The shows are free with entry. Food is VERY expensive within the park. Beverages are even more expensive. Water is over $3.00. You can't get a sandwich and drink for less than $10 to $15. Portions are small. We are seniors, but did the walking. There are some hills, but only one really steep one. There is a train you can ride free IF you want to stand in line and wait for it. If the park is crowded, prepare to wait in line for everything. We were there May, 2013 and lots of school kids were there on class trips. So, yes, it was crowded. The park offers entertainment, rides, craft demonstrations, shops, restaurants, etc. After paying $120+ for 2 seniors to enter, we spent another $30 to $40 on food and water. The nice thing is that you can spend another $48 per person and get a season pass IF you wish to return or plan to return at all during the year. It is well worth it if you do. My biggest complaint is the parking situation, but then parking is a problem everywhere you have huge crowds.

1  Thank mngal15
Write a ReviewReviews (9,253)
All reviews
in 113 reviews
"cave tour"
in 237 reviews

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have been going to Silver Dollar City all my life. It is a wonderful place to take your family! I have fun every time I go there! They let you run away from the everyday stress of life and go back to the pioneer days in their amazing theme park! Their shows, food, and rides are a must for every family!!!!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I live in Springfield, MO and I love this place.

I will never tire of going here, and the staff is great.
The attractions are fun, and the coasters fast.
The food is very good, and I can even get good "down-home" stuff.
The appreciation of the owners filters down into the crafts-people that are hired and the staff that supplements them. I really love the atmosphere, and cannot be happier when we visit.
They even have nursing rooms for new mothers, and are very willing to help people who need help.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

What a wonderful surprise! From the descriptions I had read I thought for some reason that the park was small with few rides. That could not be further from the truth. The park is very large, with tons of rides. The walkways were sometimes too narrow for the crowds -- it was a bit claustrophobic. This is especially true at the entrance as everyone trying to squeeze in or out is funneled through a very narrow entry way and through a huge gift shop (!). Rides for all kinds of riders -- young, old, brave, not so brave.

Negatives -- my God someone stop that horrible 15 minute train robbery b.s. Why, why, why were we forced to sit, trapped on that train for endlessssssssssss horrible hokey jokes. GET ON WITH IT!!!

OK, my rant is over. other than that, I thought the place was great. Very good service, unlike other amusement parks I have been too that are staffed by bored high school students. Immaculate grounds, attractions a step above places like Worlds of Fun/Six Flags. Get the two day pass because you will be wiped out if you try to do it all in one day, especially with kids.