“Not so silver !”

Silver Dollar City
Ranked #4 of 172 things to do in Branson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Branson's #1 attraction for over 50 years, Silver Dollar City features six world-class festivals, 30 thrilling rides & attractions, 40 live shows daily, 60 unique shops, a dozen family restaurants and over 100 demonstrating craftsmen.
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We went to SDC in september 2012 for the first time and we were not impressed at all, I think it's way over priced, the rides are dull and lame, I'm not into the old fashion theme. The set up of the park was poor, the parking was poor. We are HUGE Disney people and I guess you can't compare apples to oranges.... The best thing about this park was Marvel Cave. We will save our money and take the drive to Florida!!! We will never go back to SDC !!!

Write a ReviewReviews (8,844)

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We go to Silver Dollar City every year and this year was the best! My children panned for jewels, rode every ride and loved the food. I can't say enough about Silver Dollar City!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

A theme park with the character of an Ozark Mining town. The workers all play and dress their part. Something for everyone. Thrilling rides and entertaining shows all over the park. Great nigh time show included with admission. A great day in the Ozarks. Well worth buying a season pass and go at least 2 days or more.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

When I was a kid, we spent summers in MO with grandparents and were frequent visitors to SDC. This week, I went with my husband and two young daughters.

Overall, we had a good time. The park was less populated this time of year, and the weather was decent. My kids are too little to do most of the rides, so we had to work a little to find things for them to do.

My two main disappointments were with the food and the craftsmen/demonstrations. The food was definitely overpriced, and the fare we had at Jack's was subpar at best. I remember it being much better. The second day we went, I packed a lunch and snacks so we could avoid the food, mostly because it wasn't good.

Second, there just weren't that many craftsmen doing demonstrations, and I had a hard time finding unique, "real" souvenirs for my kids. There used to be all sorts of things, but this year it just seemed really generic.

I think SDC would get even more positive reviews if they got back to their roots.

Oh, also, definitely buy tickets ahead of time to get discounts. They are very expensive!!!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We visited during the fall festival of craftsmen and really enjoyed it. A lot of up and down hill walking but plenty of places to sit and rest, lots of shows, great crafts and craftspeople. The cost of tickets was well worth it considering all the free shows you can see during the day. Food that we ate was good too