“Great Performance”

Branson's Famous Baldknobbers Show
Ranked #51 of 173 things to do in Branson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Branson's Famous Baldknobbers, featuring the Mabe family, is a country music and comedy variety show in Branson, Missouri performing at the new Branson Famous Theatre. The Mabe family began the Branson family entertainment phenomenon 58 years ago in 1959. Today, the family continues to wow audiences as the second and third generations add their own flare to the family legacy. Their perfect blend of country music, gospel music and comedy will keep you at the edge of your seat and roaring with laughter all night long. The family has been recognized on a national platform as well. In 2011, the Mabe brothers original costumes, instruments and artifacts were added to the permanent collection of the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History. The family has also appeared in multiple television programs, most recently starring in their own reality television series, "Branson Famous". When visiting Branson, don't miss Branson's Famous Baldknobbers at the new Branson Famous Theatre!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Was my moms, sons and my first time there along with my wife who had been there. We had a great time.. They were great singers and the comedy was hillarious to me, I would recommend to anyone .

1  Thank Riverrat63
in 9 reviews
"top notch"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We went to the Baldknobbers Jamboree, not really expecting much beyond some really hokey jokes and mediocre music. We were very pleasantly surprised. The jokes were funny...especially during the preshow starting at 7:15; the music was lively and nearly non-stop, including country, blue grass, gospel and inspirational. This was a good entertainment value for the money.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

The production is grand on a large stage, so will impress people liking that type of presentation. However, the talent is very mediocre except for the drummer. I go to this show on occasion to follow a great drummer, Robbie Blackwood, and because some of our guests want to go. If you are interested in going to a country oriented show where everyone on stage is so good that they can be a soloist by voice or instrument, go to Grand Jubilee.

2  Thank Donna W W
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We were visiting Branson during our Spring Break in late March. Definitely long before peak season, so the crowds were small. A few things I really appreciated about this show: 1) they offer a family pass - considerable savings when you are traveling with kids; 2) the concessions were reasonably priced ($1.50 for popcorn); 3) the theater appeared new/updated and very clean; 4) the ENERGY on the stage from beginning to end. We had a great time. Traveling with "tweens" can be iffy when they want to hear certain music and feel like they are being dragged to a show. They enjoyed the music and the jokes. We also appreciated that during the intermission they cast was available to sign autographs and mingle with the crowd. I thought for the quality entertainment for the price paid makes this show a "win" for families.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was the very first show I ever saw in Branson. Still have the dvd. SO I thought it was about time to see it again and laugh a little.
So I got tickets and went.
Should have saved my money and just watched the DVD.
The ONLY show I have ever wanted not to go back to after the intermission. Was not impressed with the show at all.
I am trying to be generous and polite. But really do not know what to say that is positive.
Yes I can.. I bought the dvd of this show that I went to in Nov 2011. Yes I a a little slow in writing the review. But am writing it nicer now than I would have back then.

5  Thank Jim Z