“Donate your $ to a good cause instead of this.”

Branson Dinosaur Museum
Ranked #107 of 171 things to do in Branson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Travel 90 Million Years in just a few steps! Take your vacation back in time and visit life-sized dinosaur replicas, dig for fossils, and learn in a friendly environment!
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Even though I brought my 2 boys, who are both pretty big dino fans, we were through this place in maybe 20-25 minutes at a very slow pace. I even made them finish the 'quiz' they hand out at the door (which just get you a discount to the 'museum' store).

The 'museum' (I keep putting that word in quotes for a reason) is just a bunch of dino mockups in an old warehouse. It would be ok if it were setup in your local shopping mall. Absolutely no atmosphere on anything.

The only nice part was that m boys initially wanted to do the monster asylum next door, but chickened out and we were able to go through this 'museum' instead.

4  Thank Beezlebubba

Reviewed May 18, 2012

My kids were looking forward to seeing the dinos but the museum isn't even open anymore. If you go to their website it fails to mention this. My husband and I kept driving around looking for it unable to find it. The GPS kept taking us to the aquarium instead. I finally went into the aquarium and asked them. They told me that the dinosuar place was hit by the tornado and will take one full year to be rebuilt. I'm wondering if the aquarium is actually located in the building that once housed the dinos. Its where the GPS kept taking us. A little fishy if you ask me.

6  Thank Christina V
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Save your money! This place was a waste of time. We went here a while back with family. Won't go back!

2  Thank Wearj1
Reviewed March 27, 2012

lots of dino excibits, sons fav was the dino bone dig, cool gift shop

Reviewed December 24, 2011

It was a real disappointment. Wished we would have read the reviews on this one.
It had some things in there but you can walk the entire thing in about 20 mins.
The activity center that we thought we would go for was not much. The box of sand to dig for fossils was small and high off the ground. Not good for little ones who can not reach. There wre two computers to play games. It was good for us that no one else was there otherwise our kids would not have gotten to play with it. Bottomline it is over priced for what it was. It is only really worth $5-$3 for what it was. Go to the fish hatchery (free) and it is better and more to see and learn.

1  Thank Goodfamilyfun_2011