“It's not open anymore!”

Branson Dinosaur Museum
Ranked #102 of 166 things to do in Branson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Travel 90 Million Years in just a few steps! Take your vacation back in time and visit life-sized dinosaur replicas, dig for fossils, and learn in a friendly environment!
Raymore
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“It's not open anymore!”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

My kids were looking forward to seeing the dinos but the museum isn't even open anymore. If you go to their website it fails to mention this. My husband and I kept driving around looking for it unable to find it. The GPS kept taking us to the aquarium instead. I finally went into the aquarium and asked them. They told me that the dinosuar place was hit by the tornado and will take one full year to be rebuilt. I'm wondering if the aquarium is actually located in the building that once housed the dinos. Its where the GPS kept taking us. A little fishy if you ask me.

Visited May 2012
6 Thank Christina V

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Horrible waste of money!”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Save your money! This place was a waste of time. We went here a while back with family. Won't go back!

2 Thank Wearj1
Paragould, Arkansas
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“pretty cool”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

lots of dino excibits, sons fav was the dino bone dig, cool gift shop

Visited May 2011
Columbus, Mississippi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“No much to see for the amount of money you pay”
Reviewed December 24, 2011

It was a real disappointment. Wished we would have read the reviews on this one.
It had some things in there but you can walk the entire thing in about 20 mins.
The activity center that we thought we would go for was not much. The box of sand to dig for fossils was small and high off the ground. Not good for little ones who can not reach. There wre two computers to play games. It was good for us that no one else was there otherwise our kids would not have gotten to play with it. Bottomline it is over priced for what it was. It is only really worth $5-$3 for what it was. Go to the fish hatchery (free) and it is better and more to see and learn.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Goodfamilyfun_2011
Aurora, MO
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This place sucks.”
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Waste of money and time. I got discount combo tickets, for Dinosaur Museum and the Monster Aslyum, admission for 6 to both for $36 through a local radio station. Took my 3 teenage boys and my brother and sister-in-law. Got there and the discount tickets had a disclaimer regarding being charged tax and a service fee at the facility. They charged us $16 and change for the "service fee" and taxes. Seemed steep to me for additional charges. Went through the "Monster Aslyum" first and it could have been a good scare if there were some live people doing some scaring. Just a walk through of "scary" stuff. Would have walked slower if I had known that no one was going to be jumping out anywhere at all. Been to other haunted houses and this had potential, but none in our group was scared. I am sure it would scare a little kid, but my teenage boys didn't flintch.
The dinosaur "museum" was a small display of dinosaur related stuff. Boring waste of 5 minutes and money. I wouldn't take anyone there if it was a free! Waste of gas to get there (live an hour away). It was very loud in the "dinosaur museum" because they had blaring music and banging noises from the monster asylum (in same building, side by side with thin wall separating), so if you were interested in watching the informational dinosaur stuff on the little tv in the dinosaur "museum", you couldn't hear it if you wanted to. I would not waste your time or your money with this place. Cheesy tourist trap. A rip off!

Visited October 2011