“Monster Asylum is a total waste of time and money!!”

Branson Dinosaur Museum
Ranked #158 of 173 things to do in Branson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Travel 90 Million Years in just a few steps! Take your vacation back in time and visit life-sized dinosaur replicas, dig for fossils, and learn in a friendly environment!
Reviewed August 1, 2011

First mistake...the Guy behind the counter tells me the price; $15 more than the price quoted to me over the phone. When asked why he said "Oh did they quote you the "local price"? So he happily charges me $37 and some change. At the entrance of the attraction it says in big bold words " NO REFUNDS".
Now I know why. It was an embarrassment that I spent the money. My 7 year old step-daughter even thought it was stupid. Now...on my visa, I have 3 charges pending from this place. Two at $51 and some change and one @ $37 and some change. When I called and spoke with the same young man that waited on us that night...he has explained that he did fix the charges and they should reverse before actually posting to the account. I will update in a couple of days.

1  Thank arladie

Reviewed July 18, 2011

I was hesitant to go to this place, but great-grandma wanted to treat our grandson. He totally enjoyed it. It is a self-guided walk through with information about the different types and models of dinosaurs. There was a room with a box of sand and the kids could search for fossils buried. Our grandson thought it was a lot of fun. He also enjoyed the computer games with the dinosaur theme. There was a video presentation as well. It was better than I had expected. I don't think kids much older than 7 or 8 would enjoy it. Maybe even after age six...but ours had fun and gave his granny a big thank you for the outing! We also were able to locate online coupons for $2 discount on each adult admission...I would totally recommend finding them as it's a little pricey without it.

Reviewed May 23, 2011

I took my 5yr old & 12 yr old sons,paid a little over $38 for us to get in(w coupon)..This place is a joke! The walk way is narrow,passing someone is almost impossible.The dinosaurs were kind of neat but each room had a LOUD tv playing that you could hear in the next room,there was a room w/ a video going,room w/ 2 computers for games & a dig room..We went thru the musuem in less than 25 minutes..The kids had more fun on the inflatable in the lobby thats included w/admission.They had 5 arcade games but only 3 worked..IMO save your money & go to the Wax Musuem its CHEAPER & way cooler!

1  Thank flowers3163
Reviewed April 24, 2011

We took 3 of our grandsons and they had a ball. The dinosaurs are realistic looking and there are interesting info plaques at each display. They have us a quiz to take to get a gift shop discount, and my 8 year old grandson and I had a ball trying to answer those questions. We learned alot about the dinosaurs in the process. My husband took the two younger boys and wandered around with them and they pronounced everything "AWESOME!" They enjoyed uncovering dinosaurs bones in the sand and also got a good workout in the bouncey in the gift shop. The one employee we dealt with was very nice and helpful. For young kids it's a great place.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 16, 2011

Where to begin? We took the kids there over Spring Break, thinking our little guy would love it. Basically, this attraction contains a bunch of dinosaur dummies (no skeletons or casts), a grainy dinosaur video, a bolting area featuring super sweet worn out couches, and as our daughter put it "a table filled with sand, with seashells glued to the bottom".

We should have turned around when we pulled into the empty parking lot. There is a reason why it's a few bucks cheaper than the other attractions in town... because it's crap. The only good thing about it is that you won't waste much time there; we were through it in under 30 minutes. Please, learn from our mistake, just stay AWAY

1  Thank Curly2045