We stopped here for the night while traveling through Missouri. It's quite outdated, which I can handle. There was not elevator, we had to carry our bags up and back down stairs to get to the second floor, luckily we were physically able to do that. As we walked down the hall, it reeked of cigarette smoke. We noticed the smoking and non-smoking rooms were all mixed in the same hall. The room, again, was outdated but we could deal with it for a night. As I sat on the bed, I noticed something on the front seat cushion of the chair next to me that looked like diarrhea or vomit, maybe food drip, I felt at that point that I definitely couldn't count on the cleanliness of the room. But I turned the chair against the wall so my kids wouldn't sit in it and I wouldn't have to look. The next morning, my daughter found a bright blood stain on her bottom sheet, but couldn't figure out from where she could be bleeding. I lifted the sheet, and the stain was bright through the sheet, but not on the mattress pad below, which shows the stain was on the sheet before the bed was made. I was appalled my daughter slept in a dirty, blood-stained sheet. I took pictures of it and the chair and took to the front desk. The housekeeping leader was in the room behind the desk, but wouldn't come out and talk to me. The girl at the desk told her my complaints but couldn't do anything. When I went back and we packed up to leave, I was moving the bedding to be sure not to leave anything accidentally in the bed, and there was another crusty, dark, blood looking stain on the underside of the bedspread (on the other bed, not even the same one as the bright blood bed). I am completely appalled and have never had such a disgusting room experience. And I paid $85 for that room!! I've paid less for much better. Old is one thing, but there's no excuse for dirty, especially when body fluids are involved! On a positive note, my daughter left her cell phone in the room and they called us from it so we could go back for it. After knowing how unhappy we were, they could have kept it.