“Decent Over Night Stay”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Boonville
Missouri
“Decent Over Night Stay”
Reviewed December 31, 2007

Most of the time when people write reviews for motel or hotel, they only do it when they have a bad experience. I am writing reviews of every motel I stay in to give as unbiased of a review that I can.

The motel reviewed here is a low-priced budget, and it is unrealistic to expect it to be on-par with higher end motels, so comparing it to a higher end 2 and 3 star chain hotels is not fair... I am comparing it against its peers.

This motel was clean, smelled good, the room was reasonably well maintained. The breakfast was reasonable, and the staff was friendly enough. It is located right off of Interstate 70, and easy to find.

It is far superior to the Super 8 which is located next to it. I have stayed in both.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed July 6, 2007

It was very late when we arrived in Boonville, so we were tired but we found the motel with no problems The first thing we noticed was the very smelly hallway. It smelled of smoke, athough our hallway was supposed to be full of non-smoking rooms. The room was great though. Good beds, good bathroom. It was adequate for an overnight stay and we slept well. I wouldn't choose it for an extended stay though.

• Liked — Location was easy to get to.
  • Disliked — The hallway was very smelly
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MusicTeacherNC
Illinois
Reviewed March 9, 2007

Booked this through "Name Your Own Price" on Priceline., so I guess I got what I paid for. I think the other two 2-star hotels at this same exit might have been better, but would have cost more. We had a King-smoking room, which put us at the opposite end of the hotel from the front desk. The room was sufficient, even including a chair/ottoman. While it wasn't filthy, a little more attention to detail (vacuuming corners, scrubbing along floor/tub) would have made a difference. The worst thing was the heat/AC unit. I think it may have not been working correctly, as it was either too hot or too cold. I just couldn't find a happy medium.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — heat/AC
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 26, 2005

I stayed at the Days Inn one night (10/25/05) and was pleasantly surprised at the quality. It looks like a typical highway exit motel but it definitely was a gem. I got a great price through Expedia ($47) and had a king room (one of the most comfortable hotel mattresses I've slept on) with a micro/frig. The bathroom was in excellent condition including one of those new curved shower rods and a good quality shower curtain. It had inside corridors, an indoor pool and hot tub and breakfast that included waffles, toast, bagels, cereals and juices. The front desk staff was professional as well as friendly. Try this place if you're stopping at Boonville for the casino. There is a casino shuttle if you need it although the drive to Isle of Capri is just a few minutes. The only bad thing I can say about this hotel is that the towels were pretty skimpy but for $47 who cares?

• Stayed October 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boonville
Comfort Inn Boonville
Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Boonville
Ramada Columbia
Ramada Columbia
#16 of 35 in Columbia

Been to Days Inn Boonville? Share your experiences!