“Over the Top Great”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Boonville
Viera, FL
“Over the Top Great”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I was on a recon trip for a multi-day group event I am planning for September. Boonville, MO was a perfect town to spend the night so I was hoping to find adequate lodging. Well, I didn't find adequate, I found superior lodging.
The Hotel Frederick is off-the-hook nice. Not know what to expect from a"restored old hotel" when I opened my room OMG screamed out.
Large room decorated to the 9's. The refinished hard wood floors were beautiful. Every little detail was thought of down to the hand made soaps.
I could hardly wait to see my traveling friends room and sure enough, although totally different equally as great.
Needless to say, I booked the entire hotel for my September event and cannot wait for my customers to share in its charm.
Do yourself a favor, spend a few nights at the Hotel Frederick, you will not be disappointed.
It's ALL Good!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
South Portland, Maine
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The Hotel Frederick in Boonville, Missouri is a fine old hotel that has been wonderfully renovated. Instead of cookie-cutter rooms with dirty carpet out by the Interstate exit you will find a hotel in the town center where each very clean room is unique and has hardwood floors and tile bathrooms. The public areas are wonderful and the staff is too. The included breakfast was very nice. We ate in the hotel bar and the Cobb Salad was great. We got a great 3 night rate via the link from tripadvisor.com to hotels.com.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Arkansas City, Kansas
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Wanting a place to stay between Kansas City and St. Louis I chose this hotel due to the positive reviews and great prices. We were not disappointed at all. I chose Room #11 which is a spacious two room suite with a small river view. The only issue was that we couldn't get any heat cranked into the rooms. Had a great family style meal at the Glenn's Cafe there at the hotel. Everyone quite friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nursemanager9
Missouri
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Frederick one night for our anniversary. We originally reserved room #7, but at check-in, the desk clerk upgraded us because it was a slow night. We were given room #1.

The room had capacity for four guests, with a king-size bed and a daybed with trundle. The room was divided by the bathroom, which had etched-glass doors. The king bed was comfortable. The room was well-appointed. I liked the colorful sheets and towels, which are a change from the typical hotel white.

The room was comfortable overall with a few exceptions. Room #1 faces the west, which means it gets the highway bridge traffic. This was not problematic overnight; however, there was considerable traffic during the evening and early morning hours. The room also is over the restaurant, so we could hear voices, laughter, and the sounds of clinking dishes for most of the evening. We also noted a mechanical noise that seemed to carry upstairs from the restaurant area. As other guests have noted, the floors are creaky. Ear plugs were provided in the room.

The continental breakfast was good. Nothing unusual or unexpected. The staffperson asked us to let her know if we needed anything that wasn't provided.

The staff at check in and at check out was polite, helpful, and friendly.

We had dinner at Glenn's Cafe, and had the usual good experience. It was our fourth visit to Glenn's at the Frederick, but our first stay at the Frederick. We will visit both again.

Room Tip: Room #1 is very nice, and a good size; however, it is over the restaurant, and it faces west, so it...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Maryville, MO
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I absolutely love the feel of this place! The decor is beautiful! Perfect location for bikers wanting to ride the Katy Trail! The room my fiance and I stayed in was very clean and comfortable, with plenty of towels and toiletries. The only thing I wished would have been included in our stay was a coffee pot to make tea or coffee; however, we were given free coffee in the morning at breakfast. They offer a really nice continental breakfast, with bagels, pastries, yogurts, muffins, fresh fruits, coffee, and many kinds of tea. I thought it was very nice of them to provide so much variety of food for their guests. Plus the dining area and the multiple sitting areas on the first floor are very beautiful and spacious. The only downfall of this hotel is the old wood floors--you can hear everyone walking down the halls, but management provides free earplugs in every room to help you sleep--you don't even have to ask. A little bit pricey, too. Staff was also very friendly to us. I hope to get to stay here again in the future!

Room Tip: I would recommend getting a room on the top floor, since the wood floors creak loudly when people wa...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Shawnee, Kansas
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed here for one night in room #20. Enjoyed it very much. The room was a good size and the restored woodwork was beautiful. The wood against the dark green walls was stunning. Lots of light came in through the many windows when you opened the shutters. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was not huge but had a large bubble tub and glass door wall with etchings. Ear plugs were provided so some people may have had trouble sleeping if they had noisy neighbors. Thankfully - we did not. Breakfast was pretty standard. Had enough to start the day. There was coffee and juice to drink. Luckily I had brought a bottle of water down with me. All the hotel staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. We'll probably make it a point to spend at least another night here some time when we are traveling across Missouri on I-70.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kstravlr_25
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This place is awesome! We stayed here for one night while traveling the KT. The room was wonderful, the views are awesome and our son enjoyed the large space of the room and hallways to crawl around. The staff are great, the interior furnishings are wonderful. Very well done. The restaurant is great. They will store your bicycle for free.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the west are towards the highway and could be problematic for light sleepers.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boonville
Comfort Inn Boonville
Hampton Inn Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia
#1 of 36 in Columbia
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia

Been to Hotel Frederick? Share your experiences!