“Potential not fulfilled”
Review of Ravenswood

Ravenswood
Ranked #11 of 16 things to do in Boonville
More attraction details
Owner description: Historic home, built in 1882,and farm still owned and preserved by the Leonard family.
Saint Charles, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Potential not fulfilled”
Reviewed June 22, 2011

The house does have an interesting history, and it has many interesting artifacts, but the house itself is fairly rundown, and the presentation leaves a lot to be desired. Even with the condition of the house as is, it would make a worthwhile trip if it were just cleaned up, dusted and organized, and if they would add some signs here and there discussing some of the interesting history of the house. As it is though, I can't recommend the trip and the $7 fee.

Visited June 2011
1 Thank jeffandmonica

orange county Ca
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Unique and frozen in time!”
Reviewed February 8, 2009

This is one of my favorite places on earth!(I have visited many historic places) Every time I go to Missouri to visit my family I try and visit Ravenswood. It is frozen in time. The house is in the middle of the countryside. The house is three stories with big columns in the front and a widows walk, inside it has a suspended staircase,and about 10 rooms, you get to tour most of the house the third story is an attic, there is also a basement with a vaulted door in it but they don't usually show this, and some of the house has been turned into living quarters. The house also has a summer kitchen, servants quarters also turned into living quarters, and barn where there is a couple of old carriages. If you want to romance the idea of being back in time Ravenswood is a perfect place to visit. Call ahead before going and make sure you can get a tour, the last time I went it took a long time to find someone.

4 Thank southerncaligirl
Austin. TX
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Ravenswood time-travel”
Reviewed November 28, 2008

I've toured a lot of old mansions, but Ravenswood was the most unusual and fascinating. It's as if you found an old abandoned mansion, went in and everything was still there, like it was back in the 1880s. The clothes, the dishes, the furniture--everything. The g-g-g-g-grandson of the original owner gave us a tour and patiently answered all our questions: "Where do you go to college?" "Did you ever live in this house?" "How much time do you spend giving tours?" "Can we see the attic?" The most extraordinary thing about the house was that it was not like a museum. I felt like I really was in somebody's house in the 1880s. And I was.

Amazing!