“Good food, family atmosphere”

The Palace Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 41 Restaurants in Boonville
Cuisines: American, Greek
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed March 16, 2014

A group of 16 of us ate here when we stayed in Boonville because we couldn't get a hotel in Columbia. I'm glad we did. It was a cozy environment with a varied menu for all the kids. After dinner we walked around looking at the old buildings and walked down to the river. I never knew anything about this neat old town prior to that visit.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We went to Palace Restaurant for new Years Eve.
We were not impressed. Hubs had crab legs and steak. The steak was overcooked to where he couldn't eat it, crab legs were foul. I could smell a very strong fishy odor before they were set on the table. I had boneless salmon filet which was billed as fresh but had obviously been frozen and a bit strong . I choked on a bone and the waitress argued with me until I held up the bone, she then stormed off to the kitchen yelling at the cook. The rest of the time our server was wonderful.

The salad bar was decent for very few choices. We ordered mixed drinks and they were watered down and weak.

The restaurant was clean but smoking is allowed on one side of the restaurant, 2 table lengths away is the non smoking section so I gagged the entire time we were there.

We left and went to Taco Bell as all of the other restaurants were packed as well for New Years.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I ordered my dinner at 6:35 P.M., got the dinner salad quickly. Waited till 7:10 for the main entree.
Left the restaurant, meanwhile everyone else had dinner.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

This restaurant has some great Greek dishes. I love the shis-ka-bob and the Greek Salad is wonderful. They have the best chicken livers I have ever had, very light and fluffy. Last night, I enjoyed a great steak.
The decor is very old and not that inviting. The servers are friendly and the place is crowded most of the time. It is not a pretty place, but the food is great!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This restaurant has a variety of food choices. Whether it be a hamburger or something Greek, it's nice to have choices. The food is always fresh. The atmosphere, meaning the decor and furniture, are not a reason to go here but the food makes up for it. A close place for Katy Trail bikers to experience.

1  Thank cookin5162